Thread: Ask about migration agent in my application

Default Ask about migration agent in my application

Dear All,

I have a question and hope that get some sharing from all of you.

After reading the NZ Immigration official website, it provides detail and clear information to applicants for visa application, then what edge and benefit do I apply the visa through migration agent? Prepare the work experience documents or which sections?

In case, some migration agents also called me to assist me for the application, but I am a little bit confuse.

Thank you & Regards,
    Jeff

Most people do not need to use a migration agent. As you have already seen, the INZ website gives full instructions.

It may be that some people who are not very confident in themselves would like to have someone TELL them what to do, rather than make up their own mind, in which case, using an LIA can give a bit of reassurance (but it costs quite a lot). But the LIA does not actually take away the applicant's responsibility for gathering evidence. You gave the example of the work experience documents - the agent would tell you, 'Get the documents,' and you already know from INZ that you need to get the documents. The agent doesn't get them for you - s/he will just say, 'Good, you've got the documents.'

Also, if someone has a complicated application, which requires some explaining to INZ and arguing points, in that case it can be useful to use an LIA.

From my prespective its a matter of whether you feel confident that you know the rules and processes and can competently present you own situation.
    As a first step an Adviser would always assess your eligibility,under all categories.
    I wont take on every case that comes along, some just dont need that level of service. others have issues that need an early resolution, or simply value expertese.

I say often, you may or may not choose to use an accountant or tax adviser to prepare your tax return, or have a lawyer defend you in court. It is all a matter of competence and how much you value the outcome.

Thank you for your information.

Great, Jeff!

Hi all, I'm also consider to ask for advisor help because the outcome is very important to me and if it need I would be happy to pay, but my friends told me that my case is easy and I could do it myself, so I confuse. My case I want to apply for SMC: I got level 5 NZ cookery, work as chef, got job offer as chef, 28 year old, got partner who has IELTS 7.0, level 7 bachelor (IQA). So, do you guys think that I need advisor help? Cause I have a feeling like the CO will "like" the application that is prepared by an advisor rather than I do it myself and he/she will request less from the application. I know it might sound ridiculous but the outcome, again is very important to me.

I'm sure ChrisMwn will bear me out here - advisors do not have that kind of clout with INZ, and cases they present don't get favoured by COs.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    I'm sure ChrisMwn will bear me out here - advisors do not have that kind of clout with INZ, and cases they present don't get favoured by COs.
    Certainly no favours are given, but often any any argument is more concise, so matters can move along more quickly.
    I am concerned about Hannah's friends suggesting that an application involving a cookery qualification and a chef's role are easy. These are often some of the most difficult of cases with argument from INZ that the role is not skilled and the qualification not relevant.

Hannah has said before that her job description matches ANZSCO, and her employer backs her up that she takes full chef responsibilities, so - fingers crossed.