Thread: Shower heads / shower pressure

Default Shower heads / shower pressure

Hi Everyone,

I was reading this thread (http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread.php?t=41761) about how to increase shower pressure. Given the hot water tap in our bath has good water pressure, I'm hoping the solution suggested in the thread, or replacing or modifying the shower head (removing water filter) may be fruitful in our case. However, the shower head we have (in a rental property) looks unusual (no (visible) hose, metal, etc).

Our problem is the shower water is barely more than a dribble when set hot enough. Cold showers have fine pressure.

Does anyone have experience with shower heads like these and could advise me if it can be opened / replaced without a plumber? See attached photos. Any help gratefully received.

IMG_0714.jpg

IMG_0715.jpg

There's good advice in that thread, another thing to try is, is the shower nozzle blocked up by sediment? It looks quite old, and minerals in the water can build up and block the holes, it can be cleaned with vinegar or something (I forget the details, Mr Google will tell you). Also, as you're in a rental, ask the landlord or property manager to fix it, and check with them before doing any work yourself.

If a cold shower is fine I suspect it is not the shower head. It depends on the water arrangement you have there (mains, header tank etc) but I'd look at the shower mixer first, especially if the bath hot tap works OK.

You're a tenant. Complain to your landlord and get them to sort it!