Thread: Science jobs, biopharmaceuticals, biotech, nutraceuticals

Default Science jobs, biopharmaceuticals, biotech, nutraceuticals

Hello, everyone! What's up?
    So, I have a question about how the employeer see a candidate. My example: Im planing to move to NZ few years after I finish my degree in Pharmacy at 2018 here in Brazil. We have a complete and solid formation here. We can easily work in laboratories, industry, hospitals, community and A LOT of another things (72 areas here in Brazil). My formation allows me to work as medical laboratory scientist, for example.
    Searching on LTSSL and I notice that Pharmacist are not required on that list anymore, but, it still required on skilled migrant (industry, community and hospital pharmacist).
    I want to work with something close to chemistry, physico-chemical control quality of medicines, analysis, drug development, research and things like this, that I really enjoy. The chemical thing. I was really happy when I saw on Imigration NZ site that they need people who work with biopharmaceuticals and biotechnology. But when I searched about this kind of job, we don't have any especific keyword. When I type 'Pharmacist' as a keyword, just appears basicly retail vacancies that I'm not interested. When I type 'drug development', nothing appears.
    So, my question is: me, as a Pharmacist, how could I prepare myself to be electible to this kind of job? Which areas, me, as a pharmacist, could work too? What concerns me is the fact of at NZ Pharmacist do basicly community work and when I arrive there don't find a job in these areas of my interest.
    I'm quite sure that it was a lot confused but, please, if another pharmacist and other professionals working in this area could help me, I will be extremely grateful.
    Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by Adejean View Post
    Hello, everyone! What's up?
    So, I have a question about how the employeer see a candidate. My example: Im planing to move to NZ few years after I finish my degree in Pharmacy at 2018 here in Brazil. We have a complete and solid formation here. We can easily work in laboratories, industry, hospitals, community and A LOT of another things (72 areas here in Brazil). My formation allows me to work as medical laboratory scientist, for example.
    Searching on LTSSL and I notice that Pharmacist are not required on that list anymore, but, it still required on skilled migrant (industry, community and hospital pharmacist).
    I want to work with something close to chemistry, physico-chemical control quality of medicines, analysis, drug development, research and things like this, that I really enjoy. The chemical thing. I was really happy when I saw on Imigration NZ site that they need people who work with biopharmaceuticals and biotechnology. But when I searched about this kind of job, we don't have any especific keyword. When I type 'Pharmacist' as a keyword, just appears basicly retail vacancies that I'm not interested. When I type 'drug development', nothing appears.
    So, my question is: me, as a Pharmacist, how could I prepare myself to be electible to this kind of job? Which areas, me, as a pharmacist, could work too? What concerns me is the fact of at NZ Pharmacist do basicly community work and when I arrive there don't find a job in these areas of my interest.
    I'm quite sure that it was a lot confused but, please, if another pharmacist and other professionals working in this area could help me, I will be extremely grateful.
    Thanks again!
    Hi
    I am a Pharmacist from the UK. I worked in Industry in the UK and have a similar(ish) job in NZ. There are a few jobs around in R&D although not a lot. If you have some research experience then you should be in a decent position to apply for a job. YOu are best to contact recruitment agencies or to email companies directly. Send me a message if you need some information.
    Cheers

D