Thread: Travelling with pregnant wife

Default Travelling with pregnant wife

Hello All,

I have interviewed along with my wife on 8th july 2016 for resident PR and we are awaiting approval. My wife is expected another baby now.. can we travel the NZ before the delivery. Also, will my kid be PR or citizen ? Are there any issues related to immigration is concerned ? blah blah blah .. lot of questions in my mind.

Inputs please.

Regards

to be a NZ citizen, one or other parent would need to be a resident and present in NZ at the time of the child's birth. Given that you will have 6 months to present you passports after approval in principle is given, you could add the new born to the residecne application by providing birth certificate, basic medical and passport, at any time until your own application is finalised by the issue of visa labels. That would sdve doing a later dependent child application for residecne.

Whether or not you can travel to NZ before the delivery will depend on a) when the Residence comes through, and b) how far along the pregnancy is at that time. Airlines have different guidelines about accepting pregnant women on a flight (e.g. not after 28 weeks, or not after 30 weeks), so you would need to check yours.

As Chris said, if the baby arrives before the processing is complete, s/he can be added to your application, and will have Residence along with the rest of you.

If s/he is born in NZ, with you already having Residence, s/he will be a NZ citizen from birth.

Many thanks for the reply.