Thread: Software Engineer / Programmer {IPENZ KA02}

Default Software Engineer / Programmer {IPENZ KA02}

I'm curious to know if someone here in the forum who has the same case as mine.
    Graduate of Engineering but work experience is in the field of software engineering/programming(ICT).
    Do you able to get an approved KA02 from IPENZ?
    What are the chances of getting a KA02 approval from IPENZ?
    Software engineering/programming is not exactly the same as the traditional engineering like Industrial, mechanical and does
    make it more difficult to answer the KA02 form.

Hi Hermani,

Recently got my KA02 assessment completed and was successful. I have done my Masters in computer applications.

Hello vib_4040. that's great to know! All the Knowledge areas (1-8) you are able to correlate your college engineering subjects to "applications programming"?

Quote Originally Posted by vib_4040 View Post
    Hi Hermani,

Recently got my KA02 assessment completed and was successful. I have done my Masters in computer applications.

Quote Originally Posted by vib_4040 View Post
    Hi Hermani,

Hello,

Can you please share your KA02 assessment. It will be really helpful for us to complete our application.

Thanks & Regards,
    Najam

Hi vib_4040,

I have a similar case as yours.
    Primary applicant has done Bachelor of Science (majoring in Physics) - 3 years' full time.
    This was followed by Masters of Computer Applications - 3 years' full time.
    Working as a Software Engineer (in Testing) for the last 7 years.
    Since she has claimed for points in an Area of Absolute Skills Shortage (Software Testing), and the Bachelor's degree is not in ICT area, the ITA letter states that we need to obtain a letter from IPENZ.
    On contacting IPENZ, they said that they do not see how our degrees may fall under their umbrella of assessment and therefore they are not sure whether we will be able to obtain a positive IPENZ outcome.
    However, IPENZ did say that we are welcome to apply if we wish to do so.

Also, I read somewhere that from April 2016, ICT Professionals are also required to provide IPENZ KA02 application (a letter from IPENZ) to Immigration New Zealand.
    I suppose that is why our ITA letter specifically states that we must submit the IPENZ letter after IQA outcome.

Anyone, with similar experience in the ICT professional category (not Engineering) having dealt with IPENZ, please help............

Many Thanks!

My case is similar to yours. I have a Bachelors degree in Commerce and Masters in Computer Applications. I have 6 years of experience as a Software Engineer.

My Bachelors has been assessed by NZQA at level 7 and Masters at level 9. I too have been asked to take IPENZ.

What was your IPENZ result? And how much time did it take?

Quick newbie question - we are a ways away from lodging our EOI since we'll need a job offer (unless the noise about selection criteria changes turns out to be true), but I was going to get started on the NZQA process for my husband. Bachelor's degree in computer science. We do still need the IQA, right? Then IPENZ afterwards?

Yes, probably, if the job, or degree, is anything about engineering. The IQA stating the NZ Level will get you the qualification points, but an engineer of any sort will be told they need IPENZ to be able to claim any bonus points, unless the degree is Washington or Sydney Accord.