Thread: Just submitted my Work to Residence application, but might have a problem

Default Just submitted my Work to Residence application, but might have a problem

I know I should have done so sooner, but just yesterday I went and got a complete eMedical with X-ray and they say the blood test results will take approx. a week before I get them.
    I've spoken with an employer in NZ and I've signed the job offer letter a couple of weeks ago with start on the 25th of July or a date mutually agreed thereafter.

Problem is, while the immigration office is waiting for the eMedical I suppose they could check all of the other things necessary on my application but I just know that it will still take at least 2 weeks.
    I just know if I was an employer hiring someone from off-shore and I found out they didn't have prepared the papers in due time I'd be somewhat sceptical of the trustworthiness of said person.

Since I'm from Denmark I can stay in NZ without a visa for 3 months and I figured I could just start working on the 25th anyway and get the visa a week or two later, though I know that this is not exactly legal.

I'm fairly certain that my application will go through since it's a work to residence visa and Electrician is on the STSSL and my health couldn't be any better.

I guess the point of this post would be if I should tell my NZ employer that the start date is going to be delayed a few weeks though I know he's not going to be satisfied.
    Especially since I first told him that I probably wouldn't be able to make it to the 25th and then a few days later told him that I could start on the 25th no prob.

No! You must not start work till you get your visa. The employer would be breaking the law, not only you.

And at this time, you are most likely to come to INZ's attention. If you break the law when in the process of getting a visa, the punishment can be to get the visa revoked, and not ever to be allowed to apply for another one.

Any employer who offers a job to a foreigner KNOWS it is subject to getting a visa. He knows he has to wait.

Yeah I knew it wouldn't be a good thing to do, but I couldn't find anywhere where it mentioned the consequences of said actions.
    I was only half-way in writing the post when I realized I kinda answered my own question but I decided to post it anyway.

I will tell the employer about my situation and hope that he doesn't revoke the job offer that I already signed.

It's really a big NO NO. You are causing something that will put you in great trouble with your future visa application.
    It's always best to abide by the law.

Its a big NO!
    it should all be legal.... wait till everything will be okey... explain to your employer im sure they will consider 😀