Thread: Advice on getting visa for pregnant foreign girlfriend?

Default Advice on getting visa for pregnant foreign girlfriend?

Hi just after some advice and information if anyone has any. I (27yo kiwi male) met my partner (26yo latvian female) in new zealand early febuary this year, at the end of her working holiday visa 2 weeks before she returned to europe. I followed her to europe a month later and promptly impregnated her. I return to new zealand in september, the baby is due at the end of january and she has flights to join me in october, on a three month tourist visa. When she arrives we need to try update the visa to a residency. I am concerned that because we have not been together for a year, and have absolutely no documentation proving co habitation that there is going to be problems. Has anybody had any similiar situations or have any advice? I dont want to get the ball rolling on a partnership residency visa before she is safely with me, in case having an in process residency visa will impede her and my baby getting to me in october.

You won't be able to sponsor her for a partner sponsored residence visa till after you've been living together for 12 months, but with 2 - 3 months' evidence of living together, you can apply for a work visa for her, as the partner of a New Zealander. See here. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...s-visa-holders (She doesn't HAVE to work on this visa, but she has permission to take any job if she wants to.) Also see the old threads about evidence of partnership, to give you some ideas. https://www.google.co.uk/#q=site:enz...tnership+proof

Once she has lodged her application, she will be given an interim visa to keep her legal to stay in NZ while the case is being processed.