Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Residency Visa taking too long? Should I go for VOC??

Default Residency Visa taking too long? Should I go for VOC??

Hi Guys, I have IT background both in studies & work - both comes under skill shortage list.

I have submitted the application for residency under skilled migrant category - August 2015.
    CO allocated & I submitted my bank statements, IRD statements & Payslips - September 2015.
    My CO left the role- Jan 2016
    New CO allocated - March 2016
    Submitted Employer Questionnaire - March 2016
    Changed another CO (3rd CO)- May 2016

Few days back my lawyer asked for my status, the response from CO is Application still processing & have a query with the company. My company was a new company about 2 years.
    CO is not sure how long it will take. It is already been more 11 months since I applied.
    Right now I got an offer from another company for the same position & I got 7 months of work visa left.

Can anyone please give advice on this. Should I apply for my VOC and start working with new company?
    Any response would be much appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by ricky2016; 15th July 2016 at 11:16 AM.

what does your adviser say?

Hi Chris,

Can we change the job while residency application is in process??

I thought we can not if residency application is in progress!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tax Accountant View Post
    Hi Chris,

Can we change the job while residency application is in process??

I thought we can not if residency application is in progress!!!
    yes you can and are indeed are obliged to advise of a change in circumstances if you have another job offer. it needs to meet skilled employment requirements and the verification process would need to start again

Thanks Chris.

My adviser asked me to switch to the new one if possible. I have gone through the interview with the new company as well. Still I am double minded thats why I just need some of your advice.

The company is offering me skilled employment with moreover same position and same pay. If I switch over will it make my residency application complicated??

Please give some advice on it. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ricky2016 View Post
    Hi Guys, I have IT background both in studies & work - both comes under skill shortage list.

I have submitted the application for residency under skilled migrant category - August 2015.
    CO allocated & I submitted my bank statements, IRD statements & Payslips - September 2015.
    My CO left the role- Jan 2016
    New CO allocated - March 2016
    Submitted Employer Questionnaire - March 2016
    Changed another CO (3rd CO)- May 2016

Few days back my lawyer asked for my status, the response from CO is Application still processing & have a query with the company. My company was a new company about 2 years.
    CO is not sure how long it will take. It is already been more 11 months since I applied.
    Right now I got an offer from another company for the same position & I got 7 months of work visa left.

Can anyone please give advice on this. Should I apply for my VOC and start working with new company?
    Any response would be much appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.

It seems like your company didnt provide required documents to your CO. Or your company asked for extra time from your CO. If you have provided all things on time you have an option to complaint against your CO. 11 months are more then enough.

May i know what branches are u with

Quote Originally Posted by ricky2016 View Post

My adviser asked me to switch to the new one if possible. I have gone through the interview with the new company as well. Still I am double minded thats why I just need some of your advice.

The company is offering me skilled employment with moreover same position and same pay. If I switch over will it make my residency application complicated??

Please give some advice on it. Thanks
    Your adviser knows the whole situation better than we possibly can.

Changing jobs won't make things any MORE complicated - it's just that the checking of the new company will have to be gone through, as an extra. Do you know if they have previously employed someone going through getting Residence? - as, if they have, that would show that INZ had checked them out before, and found that they were solid, which would help your case go through smoothly. (It sounds as though the fact that your present company is new, so they haven't a history of stability to show, could have been causing hold-ups thus far.)

However, I don't agree with wiseguy that an 11-month processing is cause for complaint. From what ChrisMwn has said on another thread, Residence cases in NZ are running at 10 - 12 months routinely at the moment.

Thanks JandM & wiseguy.

Last week my CO mailed my IA as "I am still working on the application". Its been now more than 11 months, for the past six months my getting the same response.

Hi there
    Did your new co asked u anything further ??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast