Thread: Job offer after lodging - before CO

Question Job offer after lodging - before CO

Hello,

I've submitted the ITA alongside all my documents in original to London branch three weeks ago for SMC resident visa from abroad without job offer. There is no update about sending back our passports, diplomas etc., and no CO was assigned yet. In the meantime I've applied to some NZ open positions and after some interviews and tests I think I could obtain a job offer. In case I will get a job offer what is the best thing to do?

Should I inform somehow the London branch that I have a job offer and expect to speed up the process? How long should I expect a SMC visa in this case?
    Should I apply for a work visa because I could have it in one month? In this case how do I request back my passwords to apply for a different visa?
    What is a reasonable term I can provide to my future employer when I could start working for them?

Thank you very much!

A job offer gets a Residence application under SMC put on a faster track, but does not make it THAT fast.

Most people in that situation obviously tell INZ that they have the job offer, and ALSO apply for a work visa so they can get to NZ and start work.

It's not possible to retract your application in favour of a different one. You would be applying for the work visa in addition to Residence.

Thanks JandM!
    Do you know if I'll be assigned to same (London) branch if I'll apply for work visa having a job offer? Is there any possibility to move my documents internal between COs or should I request them back and send them again for the new application?

Look at the INZ office and fees finder to check where you need to send the new application.

Attach a note saying the originals are with your Residence application (giving all you details, lodgement date, any reference numbers, etc.), and/but also, if you have copies of your documentation, send copies with the new application (keeping some for yourself, just in case). They CAN reference another application within the system, but if you send copies, you are making it the easiest possible for the new CO to tick the necessary boxes. (As long as SOMEONE within the organization has seen the original, later officials don't actually need to see it for themselves. The most important evidence will have been scanned into the system.)

OK, I'll do that. Thank you again!

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Look at the INZ office and fees finder to check where you need to send the new application.

Attach a note saying the originals are with your Residence application (giving all you details, lodgement date, any reference numbers, etc.), and/but also, if you have copies of your documentation, send copies with the new application (keeping some for yourself, just in case). They CAN reference another application within the system, but if you send copies, you are making it the easiest possible for the new CO to tick the necessary boxes. (As long as SOMEONE within the organization has seen the original, later officials don't actually need to see it for themselves. The most important evidence will have been scanned into the system.)
    Or, if you have copies or required documents, lodge work visa application online

https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-zealand-visas