Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Address in NZ for job search purpose

Thanks JandM. Appreciate your quick response!

I am willing to relocate when I find a good job in another city. Of course I will tell the employer as per your suggestion, however I wonder if they will treat applicants from other city with some disadvantage?

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Yes, it's fine to apply. Of course, it would be sensible to tell the employer that you were about to or prepared to move to their area - !

I don't think that issue is NZ-specific. I recall applying for a job in a different town in my home country and being called to interview, when the first questions asked me were about what arrangements I had in mind to make for my domestic situation and travel if I was given the job. The interviewers' faces became all smiles when I told them exactly what I had already provisionally arranged for in case I got the job (and I got it). That's why I think it's a good idea to state your position along with the application, so nobody can think they would be inconvenienced because of personal arrangements - they can just concentrate on your suitability for the post.

this is not possible because they will require you a local mobile number here

I don't see your objection. He's already said on the thread he will be in NZ when job hunting, and he can get a local SIM card as soon as he arrives at the airport.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12