Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Address in NZ for job search purpose

Default Address in NZ for job search purpose

Hi everyone, I am planning to go to Nz for a job search using visitor visa. Can I know what type of accommodation should I get so that I can update my NZ address on my cv to show potential employers that I am already in NZ.

Another question, I realise to use trademe, I need to register and registration requires me to fill up my NZ land line and hp no. Does that mean I can only use trademe when I arrive in NZ? Any way to use trademe for job search while in Singapore too?

if you come here then any type of address is fine but if you are thinking just to change the address to get notice then i think address only is not enough, they normally call you so a local mobile number is necessary and when they call you, then the interview will be in 2,3 days...

Thanks for your info.
    Another question, if I go to Nz with a visitor visa, is it a must to have a return air ticket for immigration purposes as I have the intention of applying for work visa in NZ if I have a job offer.

Yes, you have to have a return ticket, or at least, an onward ticket to some other country where you have the right to enter. This is to show you meet the requirements of being a bona fide visitor. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...tity/bona-fide

Notice, if you enter as a visitor, although it isn't illegal to find work, be interviewed, etc. while you're in NZ, that is not one of the official purposes recognized as a reason for having that visa. Until INZ updated their website, there WAS a notification to staff that they should allow "look, see and decide" (about jobs in NZ) as a reason for entry on a visitor visa, but that has now vanished without any explanation, and nobody is quite sure what the current official stance is. So you are less likely to have problems entering as a visitor if your stated reason for arriving is one of the recognized ones, although you know quite well that you're going to be looking for jobs as you sight-see, visit friends, etc..

Thank you for the valuable info. Great people in this forum.

Anybody can suggest an area in Auckland where I should put up so that it is easily accessible to most places. My main purpose in Auckland is for job search.
    Thanks in advance.

Have a look at the transport network http://www.heartofthecity.co.nz/all-...VrXBoC-rjw_wcB in combination with Google maps https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@-36.8...5793,12z?hl=en, and you'll be able to get an idea of the areas you can readily get about from. Looking at budget accommodation alongside this, e.g. https://www.google.co.uk/#q=cheap+ac...n+auckland+cbd, may also help.

May be you can look at Papatoetoe area. I heard from my friend that few folks got like 1 bedroom/1 bathroom or shared accommodation in decent price. Again, its entirely up to you - how do u want to do ur transport for job search or interviews, etc.

Hello JandM,

May I know if it is fine and popular in NZ to apply for a job when applicant lives in a different city, says living in New Plymouth and applying for a position in Auckland or Wellington? Of course the applicant is eligible to work in New Zealand.

Thank you!

Yes, it's fine to apply. Of course, it would be sensible to tell the employer that you were about to or prepared to move to their area - !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast