Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Assignment of CO for Partnership Based Residency

Default Assignment of CO for Partnership Based Residency

Hello all,

Just a quick question - I have a partner based work visa already and 11th may I applied for my residency as had been officially living with my OH for 12 months. My documents are with the Manakau Branch and we have had our passports and other evidence couriered back to us already. The office sent a letter with these things stating that they were waiting for a CO to be assigned to my case and this would be 1-3 month after my initial application date. I called INZ 2 weeks ago as there was an address error on their part (they were still using my old address despite being given the new one). While on the phone I enquired about the stage my application was at and was told a CO HAD been assigned.

I was under the impression that COs contact you when they are assigned your case? I havent heard anything and my online status is still pending. My current work visa expires 22nd Sept. Is it possible that my application is being worked on without hearing anything from CO?

Thanks in advance.

I was under the impression that COs contact you when they are assigned your case?
    Not all COs routinely contact you when your case is allocated to them, no.

Is it possible that my application is being worked on without hearing anything from CO?
    Yes. Some people in your situation (partnership residence following straight on form partnership work visa) don't hear anything till they are notified they have the visa.

If you haven't heard anything by mid-August at the latest, it would probably be a good idea to contact the CO to ask if your Residence is likely to come through in time, or if you should apply for another work visa to keep you legal. Very often, the Residence magically appears within a very short time in answer to such a query. (You probably know, INZ can issue an interim visa if a person is waiting for a temporary visa to be processed, but they can't for a residence visa. That's why, if there is going to be a delay, it's necessary to go for the second work visa.)

Thank you its reassuring to know that others have had no contact too! i will certainly contact by mid aug if not heard anything

Hi Helen I saw ur post I wish you will be granted residency I'm following your story coz I'm also in partnership visa and I will apply maybe November.

Just an update - was told by the helpline lady that everything had been gathered (NZ police reports etc) and that I am back in a managed queue waiting for a new CO. 3 Days later had a request from a CO for a relationship timeline which I already included but resent anyway. Still waiting to hear. I have 6 weeks until my work visa is up hoping that it goes through sooner rather than later as I dont want to pay $400 for a work visa again!

Good news. Hope it all goes smoothly now.

Woke to the best news ever today that my residency has been approved!!!!

Timeline:

may - submitted in chch
    June - received evidence back from Manakau branch inc passports
    August - Request for timeline of relationship
    Aug 27 - Approved

congratulations
    Just a question, what exactly is relationship timeline? if you can please help

It's a sort of list of key points in the story of that couple. For instance: February 2009, started attending same course and became friendly. March 2009, started dating. September 2009, moved in together at his place. March 2010, became engaged. August 2010, married and moved to new rented house. And so on - whatever applies in a particular couple's relationship.

Some people seem to get their residency approved quite quickly, however my wife and I are still waiting 8 months later, she's from China I'm a kiwi, same branch too at Manukau. We asked in June for updates as had not heard anything and was told it was pending a National Security Check. I think this is just absurd the amount of time it's taken so far, sure they have to go through their processes and take as much time as needed, but if it's the NSC holding things up then you start to wonder why other Chinese citizens I've heard about go through a NSC quite quickly but not my wife? I'm considering the possibility of approaching my local MP if thing don't start moving along with our application as we've got our lives ahead of us and this is just holding things up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast