Thread: Change Work visa from Employment to Partner work visa

Default Change Work visa from Employment to Partner work visa

Hi everyone, first time I post and thanks for reading to give me advice for my circumstance.

I have just got my new work visa from my job in this month and will expire in 2 years 16 of July, 2018
    Me and my partner are in relationship and we can prove the time so far lived together about 3 months. We have all evidence. He is a Citizen.
    What I want to do is to change my current work visa to work visa based on my partnership. The reason is because We feel like moving away from Auckland; so I can't work here anymore. Will it be ok for me to do so? And what are the documents and what kind of applications I should apply?

On the other hand, if I keep working here, when can I apply my residency from my partner?
    Please give me some good instructions.
    Thank you so much.

Yes you can but you need a very strong solid evidence about the living-together and so with the duration of your relationship i.e. when did it start, how it came to be, etc.

What I want to do is to change my current work visa to work visa based on my partnership. The reason is because We feel like moving away from Auckland; so I can't work here anymore. Will it be ok for me to do so? And what are the documents and what kind of applications I should apply?
    Yes, you can apply for this visa https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...s-visa-holders. The form and guide are here. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/sear...mporary%20visa

You will need to provide a range of good evidence that you have been living together for three months at least - see old threads for examples and discussion. https://www.google.co.uk/#q=site:enz...tnership+proof

It is very important that you do not hand in your notice on your present job until AFTER you have got the partner-sponsored visa. You have to be covered by a visa of some kind in order to apply for any visa from within NZ, and your present visa depends on the job you have, so if you resigned, your visa would be null and void.

On the other hand, if I keep working here, when can I apply my residency from my partner?
    You can apply for partner-sponsored Residence when you can show you have been living together for 12 months.

For either partner-sponsored visa, remember to keep on collecting evidence that you are living together even after the application has gone in, and all through the processing time. It is normal for INZ to ask for more proof just before the visa is issued, to make sure they're not granting a visa to someone whose relationship has broken down in the meantime.

Another thought - if your job is a skilled job, you might be eligible to get Residence in your own right (which would also give you the right to work anywhere, at anything), and you could apply for that straight away. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...-resident-visa http://onlineservices.immigration.go...anual/6954.htm (SM6 has a chart of all points, and the other sections give details of the requirements to be able to claim those points.)

Thanks for the detail answers
    JandM, I have a problem about our tenancy. We lived one month before some where and now we are living another place. We used to live at the place before without my name on the tenancy contract becuase it was a temporary time to find and move to new place. But we have both name on internet Bill over there that time. And bank statement proving we paid rent together. The flatmates there can support writing letters as well. Is that all good ?

One more point, I am afraid of applying for 3 months lived together exactly would be risky. We are; especially my partner happy to wait one more month. We are thinking about getting a visitor visa for me so I can quit my job and travel somewhere. Will applying visitor visa be fine for me?

Thank you

I have a problem about our tenancy. We lived one month before some where and now we are living another place. We used to live at the place before without my name on the tenancy contract becuase it was a temporary time to find and move to new place. But we have both name on internet Bill over there that time. And bank statement proving we paid rent together. The flatmates there can support writing letters as well. Is that all good ?
    That shouldn't be a problem at all.

I am afraid of applying for 3 months lived together exactly would be risky. We are; especially my partner happy to wait one more month. We are thinking about getting a visitor visa for me so I can quit my job and travel somewhere. Will applying visitor visa be fine for me?
    What you're thinking of doing would be the risky thing. You are VERY unlikely to be granted a visitor visa, which isn't just granted as a fill-in if you don't come under some other heading. INZ routinely investigate just WHY anyone is applying for any visa. By definition, a visitor is someone who has a home and ties somewhere else, they make a trip out of their normal routine, of a certain definite length, with a flight out of NZ booked at the end of it, and then they go away again. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...tity/bona-fide A visitor is NOT what you are. You have proved that in all sorts of ways - getting a skilled job in NZ, going through all the official process of getting a visa, setting up home as a couple.

There is nothing risky about applying with three months' good evidence. I get that you've 'got itchy feet' and are keen to move out of the city. But do be careful that you don't mess everything up for the sake of being patient for a few weeks.