Thread: ITA Documents Query

Default ITA Documents Query

Hi all,

Received our ITA recently, and got a list of documents to provide. It says that every piece of evidence needs to either be the original or a certified copy...now I have a number of documents that are documents that were sent to me via email/or digital documents, evidence of work experience from previous employers, employment contracts, payslips, leases etc etc For instance, those payslips were never printed out, all my previous employers used a digital billing/payment system, same with my contracts, I have no "original" contracts but I have scanned copies of them.

With the employer references, I could ask them to send it to NZ - but for a large number of other documents getting the original would be impossible(mainly because the digital copy is the original).

As anyone had a similar experience? Any advice?

Thanks!!

Really surprised no one seems to have had a similar experience!

Print the digital copy out and send it to them, if it is attached in an email, print that email out as well. Don't send soft copy to them (e.g. save in CD, USB drive) and don't expect them to print it out for you.

Write a cover letter indicating the original form is in digital copy. How I did it was coming out with a table with a list of documents and indicating whether they are 'certified true copy', 'original document' or 'soft copy printout'. It worked pretty well for Shanghai office.

you may need to go to current and past employers and ask them for "hard copy" of the documents, or new letters, references, certificates of service in printed hard copy and with original signatures. Similarly the bank may be able to stamp any account printouts to make the an original. Slowly for non residence cases INA are catching up with e-documents, particularly since advent of online lodgments.