Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Some compliance help please

Exclamation Some compliance help please

Sorry still on the sorry saga of the car

Peugeot (reg 2000) has passed all it's VTNZ test and VTNZ are now asking for a statement of compliance from Peugeot in France! They will not plate it until this is received.

It has passed all its compliance here, and is european compliant, but we now have to pay $562.50 for a Peugeot dealer we have never met in Auckland, to ask Peugeot to fax him with a compliance statement, which he will then pass to VTNZ.

G's colleague was asked to do the same procedure with his new Merc and dealers in Europe refused saying european regs were the toughest. Go scratch.

Any thoughts or help please??????

Deborah still renting a car since 4/10/05

very sorry can't help smiler, and also very sorry it's such a pain and costing so much. Was thinking of bringing my car with us but having 2nd thoughts now.

Hope you get it sorted soon.

Quote Originally Posted by smiler
    Sorry still on the sorry saga of the car

Peugeot (reg 2000) has passed all it's VTNZ test and VTNZ are now asking for a statement of compliance from Peugeot in France! They will not plate it until this is received.

It has passed all its compliance here, and is european compliant, but we now have to pay $562.50 for a Peugeot dealer we have never met in Auckland, to ask Peugeot to fax him with a compliance statement, which he will then pass to VTNZ.
    I would be inclined to try somewhere else e.g. the AA. I didn't have to provide a certificate of compliance for my Jag and if your car has already passed the N.Z. compliance surely that should be all that is required. I know of a few other people on this and other lists that didn't supply a certificate either.

Before I left the UK I emailed all of the entry certifiers to see if the EU compliance plate under the bonnet was sufficient. Only the AA bothered to reply (Wally Gee - WGee@nzaa.co.nz) and this was his response:-

Quote Originally Posted by AA
    The EEC Whole Vehicle Approval Plate confirms compliance with all the required standards with the exception of frontal Impact .However I have looked at the LTSA web site for the Frontal Impact Compliance List and can confirm that the XJR meets a frontal Impact standard (all models after 1995)

When the car arrived in NZ the AA had a three week waiting list for certification checks but they gave me the name if another company so I took it there and they issued the appropriate paperwork once it passed which I then took to the AA to get my plates.
    Last edited by richard; 13th December 2005 at 08:33 PM.

Richard

Thank you for that info that's a great help , I'll call them tomorrow. How much did that cost you?

D

My costs were:-

$160 for MAF inspection - should have been $95 but the shipping agent in ChCh ripped me off.

$568.13 for compliance which included $55+GST to get a tiny chip in the windscreen repaired. It wasn't a problem for the MOT in the UK but it was here.

$370.68 for registration.

I had initially contacted the Ford agent in NZ (they own Jaguar) and they wanted $956.25 to simply issue a statement of compliance. As mentioned before this turned out not to be necessary so I am glad I didn't waste my money.

Talking

Richard

I cannot thank you enough, you are now officially my very own *Star Person*
    MWAH MWAH

I emailed Wally, he said I'm being had over and gave me a quote or two. Back to VTNZ again pointed out the compliance page on their site and asked what they wanted me to prove. Told them the AA said it complies in their eyes and gave them the compliance plate details again. It seems mentioning the AA in every sentence is a good move.

Lots of tooing and froing but after the examiner ringing their technical people, he confirmed that the $562.50 fax is not needed. It takes a lot for me to throw my toys out of the pram but I finally did.

He said they ask for this as a matter of course, even if they think the vehicle is compliant. He said this was wrong and this has been a learning curve for them..........

So far for this car we have paid out
    $600 MAF
    $700 VTNZ WOF and regn
    $757 Brake work VTNZ said was needed (despite the car passing an MOT a month before we left UK)
    21 days extra car rental while this has been going on
    and the extra £2000 to ship the thing. Apart from the time off work, phone calls, stress and upheaval. I got an estimate for the damage repair caused by the shippers and that comes to $1600.

I've just belted into town got the plates and the WOF card and the last bike has been collected to have the alarm sorted before it goes to VTNZ. 2 down, 1 to go.

So Richard again thank you, your help has saved us paying out more money needlessly. A cold beer is waiting for you anytime you are passing thru Welly or when we finally get to Christchurch.

Quote Originally Posted by smiler
    Richard

I cannot thank you enough, you are now officially my very own *Star Person*
    MWAH MWAH

...... A cold beer is waiting for you anytime you are passing thru Welly or when we finally get to Christchurch.
    Glad to be of assistance. Good to see one less migrant ripped off.

Oh and mine is a red wine by the way - never did get a taste for beer. Mind you if Summer ever arrives I could be tempted with a Pimms and lemonade

A red it is then.......

I took the hire car back and had worked out I owed them another $497 on top of the amount I paid when we arrived.

Handed over the keys and my shiny new NZ credit card and the guy said ' No more money'

HUH?? I replied thinking damm they've taken it from my UK cc

'No he said, we don't want anymore money, you don't owe us anything else'

I'm stunned and going back with a big box of choccies later, but will just check my cc incase I really have got the wrong end of the stick.

Deborah

I'll keep my fingers crossed that they're right and it is an early Xmas present. Is good to have your own car back?Debs

and didn't I speak too soon. Just checked said cc and there it is. Oh well I was happy to pay anyway and will still recommend them. It would have been a nice feeling, saving near on a $1000 after all the other expenses.

It is good to have our own car, well at least one that is ours if you see what I mean. It will be off the road again when it goes to the body shop but hey ho.

How you all doing, done that chrissie shopping yet??

D x

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast