Thread: Move to NZ from Ireland

Default Move to NZ from Ireland

Hi, myself, husband (farmer) and 2 kids aged 5 and 6 are hoping to move to NZ for at least a year. We are currently researching which area to settle. I am a nurse and my husband owns and runs a dairy farm in Ireland. Upon arrival in NZ I plan to take up the main earner role and my husband hopes to pick up some part time work on a farm. Can anyone please advise us on a location that might suit this proposed adventure? Access to quality schooling is a priority along with job opportunities in a hospital for myself. We are not city people but would be quite happy to live in a large town and have a short commute e.g. 30 mins.
    We would like a place that has things to do for families in our free time and is safe.
    Thanks in advance!!!
    Catherine

Others will be able to advise better than me (as I haven't lived in either of these places), but perhaps you could consider New Plymouth or Invercargill being places with hospitals and close to dairy farms.

Good schooling in the Wairarapa, Masterton, a large rural support town, with a large tier 2 hospital always looking for staff,with lots of dairying; and 90 minutes from Wellington, .

There is also Hawke's Bay, including Central Hawke's Bay, covers a big farming area.

Thanks for the suggestion guy's. ... much appreciated