Thread: Filling EOI with partner English requirement

Default Filling EOI with partner English requirement

Hi

My wife is in process of taking IELTS exam, am i still able to submit of EOI ???
    as i plan to fill in K1 (parner english language ability: for explaining : My wife is going to take IELTS exam on ... and I strongly believe she will get an overall band score of 5 or more because before she used to have an overall band of 6.5 and she also successfully finished her Master degree in University of xxx in the UK)

Is that ok to submit that ?

Many thanks and really appreciate your advices.

do you need the points from your spouse qualification?

do you have the letter from your wife university stated the medium of teaching entirely in english? if yes you can submit and select this option..

hi. Thanks for your answer.

The point here we DO NOT claim points for my partner qualification and We will use IELTS results (she is going to take cos the last IELTS dated more than 2 years), not by the letter from my wife university.

So my question here basically Can i submit EOI without my wife's IELTS result ?

No. INZ officials aren't allowed to accept future intentions as meeting the requirements (for the good reason that life can get in the way and prevent someone from doing whatever they confidently expected to happen), and as you will see on the form, if you're choosing the option for an IELTS, you have to fill in the certificate number and date.

However, you don't have to show evidence of ability in English until you are submitting the ITA, so one way to manage sending in your EOI without waiting for her IELTS could be to tick the "Study for a recognised qualification conducted entirely in English" box. It is perfectly all right to have changed your mind on this by the time the ITA (which is a print-out of the information you have entered on your EOI) comes, and alter it to use the IELTS score instead.

Hi JanM.

Thank so much (again ) for your very clear and logical answer.
    Yeah, I am so glad that I can submit EOI now without waiting my wife's IELTS.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    No. INZ officials aren't allowed to accept future intentions as meeting the requirements (for the good reason that life can get in the way and prevent someone from doing whatever they confidently expected to happen), and as you will see on the form, if you're choosing the option for an IELTS, you have to fill in the certificate number and date.

However, you don't have to show evidence of ability in English until you are submitting the ITA, so one way to manage sending in your EOI without waiting for her IELTS could be to tick the "Study for a recognised qualification conducted entirely in English" box. It is perfectly all right to have changed your mind on this by the time the ITA (which is a print-out of the information you have entered on your EOI) comes, and alter it to use the IELTS score instead.
    or the pre purchase ESOL option?