Thread: Work Visa Application

Question Work Visa Application

Hi Greeting to all

I'm asking this information for one of my friend

My friend completed Graduate Diploma in Business level - 7 from one of the NZQA approved collage in Auckland

He is actually on open work visa now, and got a job offer as a Telecommunication Technician- especially fiber broadband line installer in a comparatively new nz registered company , this company is doing some subcontracting job for Chorus and other Fiber installation company.

My question would be my friend can get a two years visa from this company for the job tittle - Telecommunication Technician(He literally does not have any IT/Telecommunication background)

Appreciated your comments..

Cheers
    Anton

Hi, what is the length of your friends employment contract? is this a permanent position?

Quote Originally Posted by Andy8713 View Post
    Hi, what is the length of your friends employment contract? is this a permanent position?
    It is a permanent role 40 hours/per week - Pay $17/hour

What kind of visa is he hoping to apply for, that is, for instance, Essential Skills? Work to Residence?

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    What kind of visa is he hoping to apply for, that is, for instance, Essential Skills? Work to Residence?
    Post-study work visa employer assisted Immigration New Zealand

As it says here https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...loyer-assisted, "To apply you’ll need to have an offer of full-time work in the same area as your qualification." So no, that idea won't work.