Thread: Residency!!!!

Talking Residency!!!!

So my road to residency has finally come to a happy end!

On Monday my boss sent some extra paperwork through to my CO as requested, and on Tuesday I tried to follow up. I heard nothing all week, so followed up again on Friday and still nothing. Meanwhile, my colleague who put his papers in in January had just been told to send through a few hard copies of things and his passports as he'd been approved. Judging by his experience, I was expecting the same.

Last night I very randomly checked my online status and it said 'APPROVED'!!! So did my partner's!!!

We put our papers in on March 21st so that means it's taken just over two months to get a CO assigned, and then 2 months from CO to approval!!!

So I guess they might still ask for that paperwork?

And how long do they normally take with stamping (we have a short trip planned in early September)?

Sooooooo happy!!!!!

There may be a wait before your AIP instructions come through, as that is done by a different department from the COs, with clerks working down a list of names in date order. After that, when you take/send in your passport, it shouldn't be more than a couple of weeks, and maybe not that long.

which category it was plz

Hey Neddrick,

Congratulations for your AIP!

As we all await for our decisions, could you please share what branch was your case in? And was your case pretty straight forward or a bit complicated?

Thanks guys!

A huge thanks to those who have helped me along the way, particularly JandM, Chrismwn and Karen Phillips, who have been awesome (and patient!)!

JandM, you were right: the official e-mail came through today under a different CO's name, so now I just need to provide a few last documents.

Changotra, it was SMC.

it_geek, I originally lodged in Wellington branch but my case got dealt with in Auckland. Everybody I know who is applying from Wellington is currently being dealt with in Auckland, presumably due to massive workloads down here for some reason. I would say my case was largely straight-forward, and really I could've applied for this last year, but I wasn't sure whether my qualification was relevant enough until I had checked numerous times with numerous people. That was the major potential barrier for me, and then one of my delays was having to get hold of a Mexican police certificate as my time spent there has accumulated to over a year. That delayed my decision by about 3 weeks, so I could've also had this AIP at the beginning of July if i'd considered that possibility and ordered it at the same time as my partner's. I think the rest of the paperwork was pretty much okay - the usual hassle of getting police certificates, getting bosses to fill in paperwork/respond to questions, and getting hold of originals from the other side of the world!! Good luck to you!!

Hey neddrick98, congratulations on your AIP.

Just wondering have you send your passport to INZ for blue sticker? If yes, when was it?

Hi Neddrick, did you have to wait for enough one year living together to log in your Residence Visa application? Thanks.