Thread: Relevance of qualification(s) to employment questions !! pls advise

Post Relevance of qualification(s) to employment questions !! pls advise

Hello, All,
    I have a bachelor of business (major in marketing and minor in management) degree. i recently got a job offer as a motel assistant manager.

i now wish to apply for a work visa called "silver fern practical experience work visa"( at the moment, i am on silver fern job search visa).

when i read through all the criteria, i have some concerns about "SM7.10.5 Relevance of qualification(s) to employment"

i am not quite sure that my bachelor degree is sufficient relevant to this motel assistant manager. can anyone give some advice on this??

here is a list of related subjects i studied

Marketing(9 subjects): 1.marketing decision analysis, 2.marketing communication, .3.strategic marketing,4. issues in competitive advantage, 5.international marketing, 6.buyer behaviour, 7.marketing research methods, 8.marketing planning and implementation, 9 brand management

Management(7 subjects): 1.organisational chance, 2.international management, 3.managerical communication, 4.strategic management, 5.organisational behaviour, 6.international business, 7.humans resource management.

many thanks
    lydia

I think it will depend on the exact description of the responsibilities of the job you have been offered, whether you can make the match. For instance, if it is a reasonably large motel, presumably some of the time you will be managing staff, and what you will be doing can be described in such a way as to relate to your Management strand of study. On the other hand, if it is a small place, and the job title actually means you being the one person who does everything during your shifts, then it won't work. If you will have input into the motel's advertising plans, and marketing opportunities once they are there, this can be swung as relating to the Marketing strand. But if your employer does all the decision-making, then no.