Thread: SMC with a job offer

Default SMC with a job offer

Hi there,

I would like to know after my eoi got selected from the pool, what documents do I need for the ITA? Do I need an employer supplementary form or my job offer letter is good enough? This is because my employer might think is a big hassle for them to fill the supplementary form. Please let me know thank you.

Default Inquiry regarding SMC - With a job offer

Hi there,

Is employer supplementary form required during submission of ITA or a job offer letter is good enough? This is because my employer is reluctant to fill the supplementary form for me. I have already sign the job offer letter once i got the job offer. Please advise me anyone and I really appreciate any advice. Thank you.

The ITA pack will list the documents you have to provide. Regarding employment, quite often the full employment agreement with specific job description is required. A job offer letter may be required. Later on payslips and bank statements may be required.
    The employer supplementary form is often required for work visa application, not for SMC.

From page 8 of the INZ Guide to filling in the ITA form. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/docu...es/inz1105.pdf
    What evidence of skilled employment do I need to provide?
    To show you are able to claim points for skilled employment, you will need to provide the evidence
    below. Please read this section very carefully.
    INZ needs to see all of these documents as evidence of skilled employment to be able to consider
    your application for residence:
    • a written offer of employment; and
    • a detailed job description; and
    • an employment agreement entered into by you and the employer, stating:
    • the terms of your employment, including whether the position is full-time, the length of
    employment offered and the salary or wages offered; and
    • the period during which employment may begin or the date which it began, if you have already
    taken up the position; and
    • evidence of your qualifications, work experience, or base salary appropriate to the particular piece
    of instructions that applies to your offer of employment or current employment in New Zealand.
    Refer to ‘skilled employment’ in the summary of terms in this guide for further information about
    assessing skilled employment (and the applicable instructions); and
    • evidence of full or provisional occupational registration, if it is required by law in New Zealand
    to do your job.
    INZ may need to ask you, your employer, or your recruitment agency for further information
    or documents before we can make a decision on your application.
    So you will not need the employer supplementary form like you did for the work visa, but almost certainly your employer will be sent a questionnaire about you, your job, and, if he hasn't previously had an employee who applied for residence (so INZ would already know about him), his business. This last is because they check that the employer keeps to Employment Law, and that the business is on a sound financial footing, but you can reassure the boss, INZ keep all that side of things private between them and him - the employee does not get to hear any of his private business arrangements.