Thread: Right sequence to go from WHV - Essential Skills - Skilled Migrant

Default Right sequence to go from WHV - Essential Skills - Skilled Migrant

This is a follow up to my previous query.
    (http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread.php?t=50197)

Summary
    I arrived into New Zealand a couple of months ago on a Working Holiday Visa.
    Last week, I started a permanent job offer at a full-time job at a skilled occupation
    My Working Holiday Visa has the limitation where I'm not allowed to for the same employer for more than 3 months. This is the only limitation my visa has.

People in this forum have suggested I could do the following:
    1. Go through for a Skilled Migrant EOI
    2. Apply for a essential skills work visa
    3. Apply for a skilled migrant visa

My main question is whether I need to do an IQA Assessment to apply to an essential skills work visa? The occupation code is 224711 Management Consultant (http://goo.gl/YPxvfI) where it states the following:
    Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
    I have a bachelor degree but it is not in the exemption list. I may also be able to provide letters from my previous employers stating the work that I have done.

Seeing how the Essential Skills takes 30 days to be processed, that only leaves me with 2 months (45 working days) to:

1. Get the IQA assessment for my bachelor degree (between 30-45) working days
    2. Submit my EOI for the Visa Skilled Migrant (1 day)
    3. Get the Invitation to apply for Skilled Migrant to be able to seamlessly apply for the Essential Skills (~14 days)

I could submit an EOI without claiming points for my Qualifications but then I only have 110 points, which may not guarantee me being drawn from the pool, right?

Many thanks in advance for your support.

You haven't said if you have five years' experience in your profession - ?

I only have four years of experience in my profession.

Is doing the IQA really the only option I have? Should I then lodge an exception request with the DIA on the grounds that I'm applying for a work visa? I havent been able to find anything else on the matter..

Thanks in advance!

I think you need the opinion of ChrisMwn, the LIA who often posts on the threads, on the best order to tackle all this.

However, it looks highly likely to me that there will be a gap when you can't continue working, while you wait for a visa to allow you to take up your permanent contract.

You don't need IQA for essential skills work visa. You just need "Employer Supplementary Form" provide by employer prove that there is no NewZealander can do that job. I did it.

Hello Luchi0208, thanks for your advice.

What documents did you send to Immigration NZ? I am assuming the following:

1. Certified and Translated Copy of your Degree/Qualification
    2. Police certificates from your Home Country & pictures
    3. Reference letter from your previous employer (?) - Did this letter come from HR or did it come from your former manager?
    3. Employer agreement
    4. Supplementary form filled out by your employer
    4.a Proof that they tried hiring NZealanders (such as SEEK and LinkedIn advertisements)

I sent them(online):

1, Face photo
    2, Employer Supplementary Form (INZ 1113)
    3, Evidence of attempts to recruit New Zealanders: job advertisements
    4, Employer agreement
    5, The scanned first page of passport
    6, Police certificate and translation
    7, Curriculum Vitae
    8, Work experience or qualifications relevant to job offer: the scanned qualification without NZQA assessment and colleagues' reference letter .
    9, eMedial: full medical test & chest x-ray.

You should lodge online, the progress should be faster. I got visa within 18 days.