Thread: Worried Newbie's EOI

Default Worried Newbie's EOI

Dear Experts,

I just join this forum. Im quite hesitant regarding my eoi. Here's my sure points:

Recognized Qualification - 30pts
    age - 25
    PAR - waiting for result (BS Chem from Philippines)

If my PAR got level 7 (Assuming), Im gonna get 105 points. I do not have a job offer. Will my eoi be selected? Shall i continue my application? Thanks and God Bless.

Newbie09

Btw, recognized qualification - 11 yrs working in the food manufacturing lab

What happen to eoi with points between 100 to 139? Is there a chance to be selected? Thanks!

See here. http://onlineservices.immigration.go...anual/6954.htm

SM6 has a chart with all available points, and the other sections tell you the exact requirements for being able to claim those points.

I immediately wonder, do you not have work experience that will be worth points to you? Are you going to be eligible for any bonus points - that is, is your work on the Long Term Skills List? (Check here http://skillshortages.immigration.govt.nz/ later on, when the INZ site update has finished.)

To answer the basic question, an EOI is only selected with a minimum of 100 points if the person has the offer of a skilled job in NZ. To get selected without a job offer, 140 points are required. This is the way the NZ government has the immigration quotas set at the moment. There is no chance of selection for a points total between 100 and 139 without a job offer.

Thank you for the promt reply.

My work experience is already 10yrs in the lab..im.not sure if being a Laboratory Technician qualifies for long term skills list?

That is why I suggested you should look at the skills checker on the INZ website when it comes back to functioning properly.