Thread: Trying to get my EOI correct

Default Trying to get my EOI correct

Hi all,

I am 26, from the UK and have been in New Zealand for just over a year. I am trying to stay longer and think I qualify for the skilled migrant residency visa. I have been filling out the EOI letter now for awhile and my head is starting to hurt. I am looking for some advice as I believe the application can be cancelled if information is wrong and it is a lot of money to get wrong.

I am a refrigeration/ air conditioning engineer/ Service technician with 10 years experience. Gaining a modern mechanical engineer apprenticeship through summit skills and a City & Guild NVQ level 3+4

1. Looking on the skills list air conditioning isnt a LTSS. Refrigeration falls under mechanical engineer for long term shortage skills. But states
    "
    Required standard

One of the following:
    - A Washington Accord accredited undergraduate (initial) engineering degree (listed - see Note 3) - A Bachelor of Engineering with Honours (NZQF Level 8) - A qualification at NZQF Level 7 or higher, with a letter from IPENZ certifying that the degree and any further learning meet the benchmark requirements towards Chartered Professional Engineer professional status in New Zealand - NZ registration as a Chartered Professional Engineer by the Institution of Professional Engineers New Zealand.
    "

2 . From looking on the guides my certificate dont need assessing and fall under SMC 40 I think. What does that relate to above.

3. I currently am full time employed in that job over here.

4. As I have high points anyway would it be safer for me to remove saying I fall under the long term skill shortage in case I dont have a level 7.

5. I am currently applying to extend my working holiday visa in the mean time. In the EOI I stated iv never been decline a visa. What happens say I got declined after submitting the EOI.

All and any information would be greatly appreciated

Many thanks

I think your job might come under ANZSCO 342111, Airconditioning and refrigeration mechanic. See here. http://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/abs@....tion+Mechanics This job doesn't require you to have a degree. It falls in Section B of the List of Skilled Occupations. http://onlineservices.immigration.go...nual/35165.htm You then have to meet the requirements of SM7.10.1 b. http://onlineservices.immigration.go...nual/46411.htm

2. I don't know what you mean by SMC 40. And what guides did you look at?

4. Your City and Guilds NVQ level 3/4 is not going to come out at a NZ Level 7 - that is like a bachelor's degree level.

5. All you can do is tell the truth as it is at the time you fill in the form. If you do that, you won't get in any trouble.

hey JandM, i am grateful for your reply and help.

1. I have now changed my job title to NZSCO 342111 airconditioning and refrigeration mechanic. I do believe i meet the requirement stated in SM7.10.1 b.

2. Sorry i was referring to my recognized qualifications i am applying. In section F3a.Is this qualification on the List of Qualifications Exempt from Assessment or the list of Qualifications recognised as an exception?
    I have stated yes, next it asks to select from a list what is the level. I have stated 3-certificates-qualification recognised in SMC policy-50points. i used this table http://onlineservices.immigration.go...nual/36038.htm
    That is for my level 2 NVQ though, i am trying to find the level 3 to claim the points.

3. I original had on my application as being single but have since changed this to "partnered". Although she doesn't need to be on my visa nor for me to be on hers but I consider it as serious relationship. She has lived in my flat with me for the past 8 months going back to her parents house maybe once a week. She doesn't pay me anything though yet so isn't any records. I am waiting for my lease to end then we will get a place together. she is a kiwi citizen. So is it best to tell the in EOI?

Ah, you have been looking at an old listing. Go here. http://onlineservices.immigration.go...nual/45799.htm It looks as though you can get 40 points for your qualifications. (You just get the points for your highest level qualification, not the same thing twice over.)

Yes, mention the relationship. And start collecting evidence that you are living together. It could help if in the future you decide you want her to sponsor you for Residence. She does not have to be named on the lease to count as living together. See old threads. https://www.google.co.uk/#q=site:enz...tnership+proof

Since my last reply i sent my EOI off and have since been invited to apply, they have sent all the appropriate documents over. In My EOI i stated i was banned from driving and in the letter they have stated the below.
    Character Issues
    You have mentioned a character issue in your EOI. Please submit a detailed explanation of this matter with your application. This invitation does not mean that we have determined that you meet character requirements.

I am guessing this is related to my ban. I have wrote a letter with the details and my character as to why i have changed ect. This was at a time when i was young stupid and just started driving. Iv since had no points, charges or cases against me. My job relies heavily on driving.

Before i pay the $2500 will this be an issue, On my police record this is what it say, in a couple of months it will be wiped as it only stays on record for 10years.
    1. Driving a mechanically propelled vehical while unfit through to drink or drugs (drugs) between 29.07.2007
    2. Possess of cannabis

Thanks

sorry for the double post,

I have been reading and am i right that i will need a character waiver first. What is this and how do i go about applying for one?

The CO wants to know the details to see if you are going to need to be told to apply for a character waiver. It is quite likely not to come to that, since your offence was over five years ago and you have a clean record since. http://onlineservices.immigration.go...nual/35058.htm

If you are told you have to apply for this, it involves writing a grovelling letter. You have to accept full responsibility, say how you came to be doing this (young, running with the wrong crowd, unduly influenced to fit in, or whatever), apologise, and say how different you are now, all this time later. Then you find people of standing who know you, and who will write character references telling whatever good things they know about you in the community these days.

You would still have to declare this, even if it vanished off the police record.