Thread: Partner sponsored work visa, more evidence

Question Partner sponsored work visa, more evidence

Hi everyone,

My partner from the UK has applied for partnership work visa, we have finally heard back from immigration after a month.

"We have concerns that your application fails to meet mandatory immigration instructions mentioned below:
    WF2(a): partners of NZ citizens or residence class visa holders may be granted a work visa provided that they are living together in a genuine and stable relationship.

The evidence which you have provided with your application does not satisfy immigration instructions mentioned above as we are not yet confident that you and your partner living together in a genuine and stable relationship."

My partner already has a job offer and is meant to be starting the 1st August so we are a bit stressed!

In our application we provided:
    Cover letter
    Timeline of relationship
    Photographs
    Flight tickets (holiday and travelling to see each other)
    Hotel receipts
    Birthday cards/Anniversary cards
    Proof of address in uk and nz. (Though we don't have joint letters..)
    Screen shots of Facebook conversations over the three years we've been together.

Unfortunately because of our circumstances, we have never had a joint tenancy agreement or anything along those lines.

What would you recommend submitting as further evidence ?

Were you living together when you applied? How about now are you still living togethet? How long have you been living together in a residence you maintain together?
    When you say you have been together for 3 years does it mean you have been living together in one house?

Quote Originally Posted by gcapd View Post
    Were you living together when you applied? How about now are you still living togethet? How long have you been living together in a residence you maintain together?
    When you say you have been together for 3 years does it mean you have been living together in one house?
    Yes he has been living with me and my parents since the end of May. We will be living with my parents till he has income coming in. We met in the UK and were in a long distance relationship for the majority of the relationship as I had a live in job in a different city, we did live together for 3 months before my visa expired but never added my name to any bills etc. Since my visa expired I have been here in NZ. While he finished his degree in the uk.

So you have been living together for barely a month the time you lodged your application?
    I think it could have been better if you asked your parents a letter of support stating you've been living together in their house. Also, you did not provide any joint bank account, or at least an individual bank account showing that you have spent for one another, a joint insurance, a car insurance with both of your names, letters addressed to both of you in your current residence.
    JandM would be of great help with you in this forum.

https://www.google.co.uk/#q=site:enz...tnership+proof
    See old threads with suggestions for proof of partnership, and more discussion.

Notice, INZ define partnership as LIVING TOGETHER. And they normally only take applications seriously when the couple can show at least two to three months' evidence immediately before the application. (Partnership visas are the ones most targeted by fraudsters because they don't need evidence of qualifications, and they can get people to lie for them. So INZ are not allowed to rely on what people SAY their relationship is, and what their intentions for the future are - that would be like judging an essay competition. The couple has to provide solid evidence that they have a base together, and that they are both contributing to a shared life.)

Whatever he does, your partner must not start working, even unpaid, before his visa situation is sorted out. INZ consider volunteering as work, which breaks the conditions of a visitor visa, which could get him deported, which would mean he would be ineligible to apply for any other NZ visa.

Sorry this sounds hard, but it needs to be serious reality check time for you. You know you are good people and are not trying to cheat, but INZ have to have solid proof and can't take anyone's word for anything.

so she is from the UK ? has she previously had a working holiday visa? That's the best option and would then mean you can spend the next 12 months gathering evidence and would also let you prepare for a residecne application