Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Case officer claimed my job description. HELP!!!

Angry Case officer claimed my job description. HELP!!!

Hi Everyone,
    I'm so stressful about my bad situation.
    I've got an e-mail from case officer last wed that she said

"It appears that your current employment does not substantially match the ANZSCO description for CHEF"

And they explain why I'm not match with job description from what my employer said.

"ANZSCO cleary states that Chefs plan and organise the preparation and cooking of food in dining and catering establishment. This does not appear to be an accurate description of your current employment.

The substantial involvement of the head chef appears to limit your autonomy in planning and organisation in the kitchen.It appears that the core task of planning and organising lies in the hands of your superiors, and not you."

I'm so panic and shocked. Because I saw lots of chefs those who are commis or demi chef got a resideny.
    But my job title is ' Chef de partie ' . And I worked for 4yrs.
    I know my employer also didn't clearly answer when case officer sent questionnaires.
    (Because most of answers He said "head chef has responsibility." And didn't mention how I involve in the task each.)
    I have talked with my employer and he thinks to add more job description for me now.
    Do you guys think that is good way to appeal?
    What is best way that I could appeal for case officer???

I need to appeal by next wed.

I have a lawyer but my employer doesn't listen lawyer's plan.
    I'm so frustrated thank you.

If you have a lawyer of adviser, you are paying them to deal with such queries from INZ. Take their advice and get them to respond. They are going to have to satisfy INZ that you do "plan and organise the cooking of food."

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMwn View Post
    If you have a lawyer of adviser, you are paying them to deal with such queries from INZ. Take their advice and get them to respond. They are going to have to satisfy INZ that you do "plan and organise the cooking of food."

Hi ChrisMwn,
    So Is it bestway to show how much I'm involved planning and organising the cooking of food without head chef and how I am an independent chef in the kitchen?

Hi dear, i have applied residency as commis chef. In kitchen i worked for menu planning for certain item like dessert,salad and special of day/month, I do kitchen hands and junior staff training, Stock management, Prep and orders , preserve foods, maintain health safety and supervise etc independently and all reports passes through head chef to boss.So, I think if your boss helps to promote and give you with new chef responsibilities that might be good but not sure, just a thought . In my case, Immigration looks they are happy in my job des. Just still waiting for reply.Can you please share your time line please.

INZ have to be satisfied that you do all those things described in the ANZSCO list, that apparently your employer originally said the head chef does.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    INZ have to be satisfied that you do all those things described in the ANZSCO list, that apparently your employer originally said the head chef does.
    I have one more question.
    Do I really have to be a responsible based on the ' job description ANZSCO '?
    Because I do all these based on that job description but some I have a responsibility and some I don't have.

I'm trying to emphasise what different is between head chef and Chef de partie role.
    And my boss also will cleary say I do all tasks.

Santosh, Do you have a qualification as well?
    Last edited by dmswl409; 29th July 2016 at 12:04 AM.

No, I just have four years work experience as a chef . Can you please share your time line ?

Quote Originally Posted by santosh.46 View Post
    No, I just have four years work experience as a chef . Can you please share your time line ?
    End of Nov : EOI selected
    19 JAN : ITA received
    29 MAR : all document sent
    14 MAY : case officer allocated
    16 MAY : Employer sent back questionnaires
    20 JULY : Case officer Letter before decision.

So do I, I just have 4years experience.
    Do u have all responsibility of those tasks?
    All Did you say that you do all tasks?

I dont do labour cost and food cost apart from these I do all and my employer mentioned all to co.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast