Thread: Partner Based Work Visa- Please Help :)

Default Partner Based Work Visa- Please Help :)

I have found this website tremendously helpful! So now 3 days before I intend to send off my own application I would like to seek advice as I truly see that no situation is exactly the same.

My partner is a NZ permanent resident and currently works part-time and is undergoing a Phd full time in Auckland. I live in Jamaica. We knew each other from high school when he lived in Jamaica. We reconnected online last year and started a relationship online from April 2015. He visited Jamaica July- August 2015 for 6 weeks and stayed with me. I visited him in New Zealand for 3 weeks February to March 2016.

He is here in Jamaica now for 5 weeks (1 week has passed now) this July- August 2016 and staying at my home that's leased by my father. However we want to send the partnership visa now. Since we already have 10 weeks of living together do you this this is enough for me to get the 1 year partner based work visa?

We have TONS of pictures and whatsapp, Skype and Facebook communications. We have group family pictures with both his family and mine at formal functions such as weddings etc. We have the itinerary proof of the 5 weeks he will also stay in Jamaica with me and the old itineraries from his visit last year and mine to NZ earlier this year.

He is the beneficiary on my life insurance and I am on his car insurance. We have a joint bank account from a bank in NZ along with postcards and wedding invitations addressed to both of us. We have proof of conversations with him supporting me financially and us budgeting together for our future. We also have support letters from family and friends.

In addition to this, we are planning our wedding for December 2017 and we have emails communicating with wedding planners and venue representatives about booking a venue and flowers, food etc.

I have email communication with his family about life events and them helping me to surprise him. He also spent two days in Florida with my mom which they have pictures together from (and whatsapp communications). They also flew to Jamaica together to attend my sisters wedding (which we also have proof of).

I live with my father who has written a letter to state we both stay there together and pay bills towards the home from his visit last July and this one currently. None of the companies that I have bills with in my name will allow another name on the bill (backwardness of Jamaica) argh!

For the application we did things in a chronological order of our history and included references to specific letters/itineraries/pictures in attempts to make it as organized as possible.

Since he is undergoing a Phd in NZ and I work in Jamaica, we haven't been living together longer since I cannot legally stay in NZ for this period of time and he cannot leave NZ whilst he is enrolled in school. NZ is the place we want to be together and start our lives together even when he finishes school.

Do you think we have a strong case for the visa stated above or what other evidence can you provide that you think we should have?

Quote Originally Posted by Patti View Post
    I have found this website tremendously helpful! So now 3 days before I intend to send off my own application I would like to seek advice as I truly see that no situation is exactly the same.

My partner is a NZ permanent resident and currently works part-time and is undergoing a Phd full time in Auckland. I live in Jamaica. We knew each other from high school when he lived in Jamaica. We reconnected online last year and started a relationship online from April 2015. He visited Jamaica July- August 2015 for 6 weeks and stayed with me. I visited him in New Zealand for 3 weeks February to March 2016.

He is here in Jamaica now for 5 weeks (1 week has passed now) this July- August 2016 and staying at my home that's leased by my father. However we want to send the partnership visa now. Since we already have 10 weeks of living together do you this this is enough for me to get the 1 year partner based work visa?

We have TONS of pictures and whatsapp, Skype and Facebook communications. We have group family pictures with both his family and mine at formal functions such as weddings etc. We have the itinerary proof of the 5 weeks he will also stay in Jamaica with me and the old itineraries from his visit last year and mine to NZ earlier this year.

He is the beneficiary on my life insurance and I am on his car insurance. We have a joint bank account from a bank in NZ along with postcards and wedding invitations addressed to both of us. We have proof of conversations with him supporting me financially and us budgeting together for our future. We also have support letters from family and friends.

In addition to this, we are planning our wedding for December 2017 and we have emails communicating with wedding planners and venue representatives about booking a venue and flowers, food etc.

I have email communication with his family about life events and them helping me to surprise him. He also spent two days in Florida with my mom which they have pictures together from (and whatsapp communications). They also flew to Jamaica together to attend my sisters wedding (which we also have proof of).

I live with my father who has written a letter to state we both stay there together and pay bills towards the home from his visit last July and this one currently. None of the companies that I have bills with in my name will allow another name on the bill (backwardness of Jamaica) argh!

For the application we did things in a chronological order of our history and included references to specific letters/itineraries/pictures in attempts to make it as organized as possible.

Since he is undergoing a Phd in NZ and I work in Jamaica, we haven't been living together longer since I cannot legally stay in NZ for this period of time and he cannot leave NZ whilst he is enrolled in school. NZ is the place we want to be together and start our lives together even when he finishes school.

Do you think we have a strong case for the visa stated above or what other evidence can you provide that you think we should have?
    Looks good to me. I'd add a timeline that shows the relevant points in your relationship, as you have listed in the commentary above.

Thanks for replying ChrisMwn!

I have done just that and sent my paper application off to the Washington Branch via FedEx today.

Do you think the fact that we have our time spent together 6 weeks (July 2015 him in JA), 3 weeks (Feb 2016 me in NZ) and 5 weeks (currently with him living with me in Jamaica) will be enough?
    I read in a few other posts that it should be consecutive?

Also, how do I know the status of my application since it was a paper application that was lodged?