Thread: Residency under partnership pending national security check - still waiting

Default Residency under partnership pending national security check - still waiting

My wife in from China, I am a NZ Citizen. I own a house in Auckland where we have both lived since Nov 2014. She has a work visa under partnership, we submitted her residency application Dec 2015 in the Henderson branch and we are currently still waiting for a national security check according to the case officer. Whats more, this particular case officer (I won't name them on here) is known in the Chinese community for being very slow to process visa applications, according to what my wife found on skykiwi.com.

Reading other threads on these forums, some people amazingly receive their residency within the short space of two weeks, others sometimes slightly longer < 2 months. So the question is why is ours taking this long? 7 months now and waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by gareth41 View Post
    My wife in from China, I am a NZ Citizen. I own a house in Auckland where we have both lived since Nov 2014. She has a work visa under partnership, we submitted her residency application Dec 2015 in the Henderson branch and we are currently still waiting for a national security check according to the case officer. Whats more, this particular case officer (I won't name them on here) is known in the Chinese community for being very slow to process visa applications, according to what my wife found on skykiwi.com.

Reading other threads on these forums, some people amazingly receive their residency within the short space of two weeks, others sometimes slightly longer < 2 months. So the question is why is ours taking this long? 7 months now and waiting.
    We are in the same boat. My partner is a chinese citizen as well. So waiting for the national securiTy check. I am not sure if we have the same case officer but ours is also known to be slow in processing visa applications in skykiwi as well. But we have no choice but to wait.