Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Character Waiver. Please Help

Default Character Waiver. Please Help

Hi I have applied for residence application in Dec 2015.

Everything has been done like interview, questionnaires etc.

Now last month my CO raised the concerns for character issues.

I had conviction for drink and drive in 2012 and i am guilty for that.

She raised the concern that i did not mention about my conviction in 2013 application and EOI.

I told my adviser to mention in EOI but she forgot. Then she made the changes in Application form in character section and attached the cover letter.

As my case officer asked for character waiver, so my adviser sent some info and letter from me.

But now CO said she is not satisfied with info, so she asked further comments and info.

basically my CO is saying why did not you mention in EOI about your conviction? and its not even my fault. its my adviser fault.

What should I do now?

But now CO said she is not satisfied with info, so she asked further comments and info... What should I do now?
    Supply what the CO is asking for.

Part of asking for a character waiver is accepting responsibility for the fault, mistake, or whatever, that INZ have picked up. So be aware that saying it was someone else's fault will not help. Even if you use an adviser, it's your application, and you are presumed to have okayed it before it went in.

Ok Thanks for your reply. Yes Now I am collecting supporting letters from family, friends, colleagues and employer. Will that help for me? And as she asked for furthur comments, So whatelse should I provide? I have already accepted its my fault.

Asking for a character waiver involves being as humble as possible - grovelling. Accept responsibility for the DUI, and leaving it off the EOI, all over again. Tell them how you now realize how serious each thing was. NOW, you would never drink and drive (and tell what plans you would have in place for getting home if you were likely to have drunk alcohol while out, e.g. booking a cab, using dial-a-driver). NOW, you wouldn't let a form go off on your behalf without looking it over in great detail, because you have had it pointed out that it is a legal document, and you respect NZ law and the NZ government.

Thanks for your reply.

After I sent all the supporting letters for character waiver, my CO asked for employment contract from employer two weeks before. Which I have already sent with my application in Dec, 2015. My employer has already provided the contract two weeks before. Last week, my adviser has asked CO for update. CO said its in final stage. So whats that mean? and its been 9 months and 15 days for my application. I am very upset. I do not know why they are taking so long.

"final Stage" normally means that it has gone to a second person check. 9-12 months is these days an average time for a SMC matter, so there is nothing to be concerned about there.

Thanks for your reply. How long it takes to check by second person check?

Quote Originally Posted by MS0049 View Post
    Thanks for your reply. How long it takes to check by second person check?
    2-10 weeks?

HI MS0049,

Please update status on your character waiver and residency status.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast