Thread: Evidence for essential skills work visa

Default Evidence for essential skills work visa

Hey guys, I was just offered a job. I need an essential skills work visa! But the company is afraid of how hard/easy it's going to be for me to get a visa. The position is IT Support Analyst, it's a level 1 classification.

They are worried about the proving they looked for a citizen or resident thing. Somebody who applied for the visa can tell what evidence their companies sent on the application so I can give some light to them?

It's easy since you work on ICT. your employer just need complete "Employer Supplementary Form" for you to prove that there is no New Zealander can do that job. Besides, if your company post the job on seek.co.nz, trademe.co.nz..., you can use that post to prove they were trying to find New Zealander. I did it.

Quote Originally Posted by Luchi0208 View Post
    It's easy since you work on ICT. your employer just need complete "Employer Supplementary Form" for you to prove that there is no New Zealander can do that job. Besides, if your company post the job on seek.co.nz, trademe.co.nz..., you can use that post to prove they were trying to find New Zealander. I did it.

So all they did to prove that they tried to find someone is the seek advertisement? Sounds too simple.

Quote Originally Posted by pedicoq View Post
    So all they did to prove that they tried to find someone is the seek advertisement? Sounds too simple.
    Yes, but you also need prove your qualification and work experience that your employer require (fill in "Employer Supplementary Form").
    I got visa within 18 days. I sent them copy of original qualification (not assess by NZQA) and letter from former employers. You should send them your CV as well.