Thread: Residency

Default Residency

Hi all,

Actually i applied for residency application and everything was done then they took some character issues for my partner as i am the principal applicant, does it affect to me as well or not?

Thanks in advance.

They won't issue you a residence visa until they have sorted out the character issues for your partner, since you're both on the same application. If there is nothing against you, but they eventually refuse to give your partner a visa, you would be offered the option of removing your partner from the application so you could get Residence alone.

Should i wait till further reaction because my partner gave the full explanation to CO.
    Can i reapply without my partner application if something happen wrong

Yes, wait till they react to what your partner has sent in.

I think you didn't understand what I said before. IF the CO decided they could not give the partner a visa, they would say to you, 'Do you want to leave your partner off this application, so it is just you?'

yes i understand now, thanku so much Jandm. I got some relief ....You are awesome...

Hi Jandm I just got reply from immigration and they were not satisfied with the explanation and they want character waiver documents and some other evidence, so can you please me what I have to do now. Thanks

So if your partner won't get the visa, you will still apply for a visa for yourself? Is she really your partner then?

Yes she is my real partner. And I m the principal applicant but immigration did not offered me any thing.

they want character waiver documents and some other evidence, so can you please me what I have to do now
    So now she has to provide what they have asked for.

What has usually happened (as you've perhaps seen on the old threads on this site) is that she needs to come clean to INZ (as in, list what there is, frankly) about what does come up in the police check (if that is the problem), or explain how she came to make the mistake which they are interpreting as intent to deceive. Either with the application in a cover letter, or when the CO asks for her comments, she needs to give the background to the incidents in question. This is often a matter of saying (in a lot more words and detail), 'I was younger then, and stupid not to stand up to what the crowd were doing, and of course I can see now this was a big mistake, as you can tell from the way my life has turned around since' (or something similar for giving wrong information). She needs to be humble and apologetic.She will need to say in what way she is now different. Shee will need to find people who know her now, who have some standing in the community, to give her a character reference.

I think it may be a good sign that the CO has not asked you if you wish to remove your partner from the application. The CO has told you what she needs in order to process a character waiver for your partner, so it may be that she is thinking that when those details are sent in, she will be able to go on and recommend your partner for acceptance.

And then you hope for the best.

Thanku Jandm you are awesome...