Thread: partnership visa, help selecting forms

Default partnership visa, help selecting forms

Hi

I'm about to start the painful task of putting together a residency application under partnership for September when I will have completed a year living with my Eastern European girlfriend.

I've found we need the INZ1000 form, then the medical and chest xray INZ1096 and INZ1007.

The last form is my section the 'partnership support form' INZ1178 but early on it says I need to be a residence of New Zealand.

"you must prove that New Zealand is your primary place of established residence at the time your partner’s application
    is made and assessed"

The problem is we have been located in England, is there a form I'm missing that's an equivalent to the INZ1178?

Thanks

I think it is 1146 not 1178

Partnership support form
    https://www.immigration.govt.nz/docu...016_fa_web.pdf

Partnership based visa application https://www.immigration.govt.nz/docu...016_fa_web.pdf

Thanks for the reply.

These look very easy compared to my above option . I'm guessing this is the only way and we can't try for residence straight away from London?

If we did get this visa, is it much faster processing than the residential visa and once we are in New Zealand what is the next step to gain full residency?
    Last edited by locationlondon; 30th July 2016 at 07:51 PM.

Are you a NZ citizen or PR holder?

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Are you a NZ citizen or PR holder?
    Citizen, entire family in NZ, born in Tauranga.

Then you are fine to apply for partner-sponsored residence directly from the UK.

https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...-resident-visa You do need INZ 1178. What has thrown you is that you are reading the part not intended for you as a NZ citizen.

Are you a New Zealand citizen, or the holder of a New Zealand residence class visa, or the holder of a valid Australian passport?
    Yes
    No
    If you:
    • hold a valid Australian passport but do not hold a current New Zealand residence class visa, or
    • hold a New Zealand residence class visa which was granted on the basis that you were the holder of an Australian
    permanent residence visa or an Australian resident return visa, you must prove that New Zealand is your primary place of established residence at the time your partner’s application
    is made and assessed. For a list of acceptable evidence, see the Residence Guide (INZ 1002).
    It's the part I've put in bold type that applies to you. You don't hold an Australian passport or have NZ Residence on the basis that you had Australian PR, so you DON'T have to prove that you're normally resident in NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Then you are fine to apply for partner-sponsored residence directly from the UK.

https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...-resident-visa You do need INZ 1178. What has thrown you is that you are reading the part not intended for you as a NZ citizen.

It's the part I've put in bold type that applies to you. You don't hold an Australian passport or have NZ Residence on the basis that you had Australian PR, so you DON'T have to prove that you're normally resident in NZ.
    Thanks I just rereading it, it was my comprehension that was wrong.

That link says we need to have lived together outside of NZ for 5 years. Our relationship is about 20 months long, living together for a year come September.

I'm now torn in what to go for. Would the partnership work visa get approved much quicker than the residency one? If so I might go for that and then after a few months in NZ apply for the residency one with a stronger application.

We have lots of travel tickets and travel photos together, but our first accommodation for the 7 months in London we didn't have a tenancy agreement we do have bank statements with the same address though.
    Last edited by locationlondon; 31st July 2016 at 07:01 AM.

No, again you have misread. If you have lived together outside NZ for five years or more, your partner could be eligible for Permanent Residence immediately. As it is, when you have lived together for at least 12 months, she can apply for Residence now (and can qualify for PR after two years living in NZ as a Resident).

The partnership work visa would be processed more quickly, it's true. And you could apply for Residence as well, as soon as you have the 12 months' evidence.