Thread: NZ residence under partnership Help

Question NZ residence under partnership Help

Its been a month since we started preparing the necessary requirements on applying NZ residence under partnership. My GF on 10 years is on the Philippines. We've been together since high school. But due to cultural difference we cant provide that we live together. Her mother doesnt approve of it and so does her father. But her parents know me. I usually visit to their house. Living together is sort of like taboo back then. We have lots and lots of pictures starting from 2007 back when I decided to move to where my GF was studying. Right now we have been asking our friends to write a letter as a proof that we've together for a long time. its not that much. If I count it I would have 10 letters. We dont have joint account statement either but Ive been sending her money sometimes when she needs it. She also was working so she doesnt want me to send money often. I still have the receipts. We will write a letter about this cultural difference and that her mother doesnt approve of living together unless we are married but ofcourse I moved here so its kinda impossible. ANyway Ive been here on NZ for 3 years now. Can someone help me what else do I need to do? Is the proof enough? Im getting desperate here.

I'm sorry to say that you are not going to be able to convince INZ to give your girlfriend a visa based on partnership with only the situation you describe. For INZ, partnership is ONLY proved by having set up home and lived together - and we know from experience that they take applications seriously with two to three months' evidence.

Partnership visas are the ones most targeted by fraudsters, because there is no requirement to show qualifications or work experience, and the crooks pay people to lie for them about being in a relationship. Therefore, INZ don't take what anybody SAYS about their feelings and future plans for evidence. They ONLY accept the action of having begun to live together, which can be proved by evidence, and known about by other people. They do understand about other cultures having different norms, but they can't and don't make any allowance for that.

To go further with any plans to get your girl a partner-sponsored visa, if you and she want to keep to your traditions and have her parents happy with it, it sounds as though you are probably going to need to marry, so that you can live together openly and collect evidence.

Whether you marry or not, in order to qualify for a visa through partnership, you will need to move in together and gather a lot of evidence (see old threads for discussion and ideas https://www.google.co.uk/#q=site:enz...tnership+proof), before applying to INZ after two to three months. This could be in the Philippines, or in NZ, or in any country where you can both legally stay for that length of time. I know there are difficulties - time off work, etc.. Your partner might be able to get an ordinary visitor's visa for NZ, on the "look, see and decide" basis.

Other things to think about are whether your partner could qualify for a NZ work visa in her own right - this would depend on what qualifications and work experience she has.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    I'm sorry to say that you are not going to be able to convince INZ to give your girlfriend a visa based on partnership with only the situation you describe. For INZ, partnership is ONLY proved by having set up home and lived together - and we know from experience that they take applications seriously with two to three months' evidence.

Partnership visas are the ones most targeted by fraudsters, because there is no requirement to show qualifications or work experience, and the crooks pay people to lie for them about being in a relationship. Therefore, INZ don't take what anybody SAYS about their feelings and future plans for evidence. They ONLY accept the action of having begun to live together, which can be proved by evidence, and known about by other people. They do understand about other cultures having different norms, but they can't and don't make any allowance for that.

To go further with any plans to get your girl a partner-sponsored visa, if you and she want to keep to your traditions and have her parents happy with it, it sounds as though you are probably going to need to marry, so that you can live together openly and collect evidence.

Whether you marry or not, in order to qualify for a visa through partnership, you will need to move in together and gather a lot of evidence (see old threads for discussion and ideas https://www.google.co.uk/#q=site:enz...tnership+proof), before applying to INZ after two to three months. This could be in the Philippines, or in NZ, or in any country where you can both legally stay for that length of time. I know there are difficulties - time off work, etc.. Your partner might be able to get an ordinary visitor's visa for NZ, on the "look, see and decide" basis.

Other things to think about are whether your partner could qualify for a NZ work visa in her own right - this would depend on what qualifications and work experience she has.
    Is there any chance like the immigration will give her a work visa? I read the guide before and I found something where the immigration will give her work visa for 1 year and we stay together. Marrying her wont change anything tbh. I am only required to stay on philippines for a month. Im not a Philippine citizen tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by skadsuh View Post
    Is there any chance like the immigration will give her a work visa? I read the guide before and I found something where the immigration will give her work visa for 1 year and we stay together. Marrying her wont change anything tbh. I am only required to stay on philippines for a month. Im not a Philippine citizen tbh.
    The only way she could get a work visa is with either an essential skills visa, or if she has a skilled profession

Quote Originally Posted by skadsuh View Post
    I don't know of anything like this in the regulations. Can you give a link to what you have been looking at, so I can see what section it is in?

(I'm wondering, did you find this where they are talking about culturally arranged marriages? This is special concession only for societies where the families choose the marriage partners, not the couple themselves.)

Marrying her would not make any difference for INZ, but I thought from what you said that it might be important to her family, so it would not offend them that you both live together to collect evidence.