Thread: Work/ Partnership visa and being HIV Positive.

Default Work/ Partnership visa and being HIV Positive.

Hello Everyone,

My partner just move back to New Zealand for work last Wednesday. Before he left we sat down together and started researching the best possible way for me to join him. We have know each other for 4 years while he was in the States but we have been in a committed relationship for 6 months. We did not have any utility bills together or any bills at all together for us to show our development of relationship, we decided not to because he was leaving and thought it would have been pointless. I haven't yet sent in my signed agreement to my immigration counselor because we are weighing our options for me to join him in New Zealand. Another concern is that I am HIV positive, from what we have read it is next to impossible for me to even get a work visa let alone a partnership visa. I'm wondering if there are any success stories with the same situation we are in and what you did to get your visa? All we really have are Pictures of us together and family and friends to right letters about our relationship. Feeling like there is lost hope in our situation. Any words of advise would be wonderful.

Thank you,

Sam

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. As you have read, HIV infection is one of the conditions which is specifically stated as a condition deemed to impose significant costs on the NZ Health Service, meaning you don't have an Acceptable Standard of Health. A4.10.1. http://onlineservices.immigration.go...nual/46506.htm I don't know if there can be anyone who has found a way round this - if so, it would be an exception to all the rules.

Thank you for your reply. My immigration adviser said I will need to do a health waiver form. I am a very health, active person and undetectable of the virus. So we are going to go ahead with the application and hope for the best.

Looking further into the regulations, here http://onlineservices.immigration.go...nual/44863.htm, yes, it looks as though you could be eligible for a waiver. Good luck!

Have you looked at the old threads about evidence for partnership? These may give you some helpful ideas. https://www.google.co.uk/#q=site:enz...tnership+proof

For what its worth I knew of a lady who applied for a partnership based visa (residence) which was declined because of her HIV, but then after no little amount of effort and money she was successful and now a resident

Thank You for the reply. This gives us hope. Trying not to pry to much because I know its personal, but do you know what all she had to do? If you are denied can you reapply for a visa or just fight for the one you had worked on getting?

I am not sure what she did sorry and do not have much contact with her now, she was a friend of a friend. But knowing that she had to pay a lot of money to get it sorted I would assume she went to an immigration advisor for assistance, if I were in you position I would do the same, they are experts and can take care of almost everything when it comes to your application, there is even one who posts on this forum, "ChrisWm", perhaps he can be of help to you.