Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: He;p please Processing Tie

Thumbs up He;p please Processing Tie

Hey Guys ,

I applied for work visa on 5th July from Hastings, my file went to palmerston north for like 4 weeks waiting for officer , Last week i got call from INZ saying your file transferred back to Wellington as i moved to wellington. So my question is how long does it take to process work visa, should i call the and ask, i already called them last week they said still waiting for officer but its nearly been a month already ???Should i icall them again ?

Thanks

I'd normally expect a work visa decision in 4-6 weeks , but if for some reason your application has been transfered from branch to branch, add another couple of weeks. You can call as often as you like, but it wont make any difference.

I'm waiting for my work visa too since 10th July. INZ's website states the processing time to be around 23 days - is it 23 working days?

Timings given by INZ are only their best guess, based on recent averages, NEVER a promise. All details of every application are investigated thoroughly, and it takes the time it takes. INZ will be in touch when they've done the necessary about your case. Meantime, it really is no use counting the days.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Timings given by INZ are only their best guess, based on recent averages, NEVER a promise. All details of every application are investigated thoroughly, and it takes the time it takes. INZ will be in touch when they've done the necessary about your case. Meantime, it really is no use counting the days.
    Do you think it will make bad note on our file if we call them and ask oftenly ?

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMwn View Post
    I'd normally expect a work visa decision in 4-6 weeks , but if for some reason your application has been transfered from branch to branch, add another couple of weeks. You can call as often as you like, but it wont make any difference.

Do you think it will make bad note on our file if we call them and ask oftenly ?

Quote Originally Posted by Rol View Post
    I'm waiting for my work visa too since 10th July. INZ's website states the processing time to be around 23 days - is it 23 working days?
    hey there,

Where did you apply ? what visa was it ? Have you got case officer yet ?

I remember one person who posted on this forum several years ago who kept contacting INZ staff to the extent that in the end he got a letter from the manager of that INZ office asking him to cease harassing the workers doing their job.

Think about it. These officials are the people who have to go through a set-down procedure for every single person who applies for a visa. It's the same procedure for every case. (It can take longer for some people than others because individual circumstances vary, and checking them out will take different lengths of time.) Do you really want the person that does the work that you hope will lead to you getting a visa in your passport to see your name and think, 'Oh, no, not HIM again!'? Is that person going to put in an extra five minutes at the end of the day when your case is nearly finished, or is he going to think that it will do if he gets to it after the weekend?

Like Chris says, if you keep calling and calling, it will make no difference. Work is dealt with in a set order. The officials will get each case done as soon as they can, in its proper time - they are not allowed to be inefficient, and not allowed to be unfair by taking cases out of turn.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    I remember one person who posted on this forum several years ago who kept contacting INZ staff to the extent that in the end he got a letter from the manager of that INZ office asking him to cease harassing the workers doing their job.

Think about it. These officials are the people who have to go through a set-down procedure for every single person who applies for a visa. It's the same procedure for every case. (It can take longer for some people than others because individual circumstances vary, and checking them out will take different lengths of time.) Do you really want the person that does the work that you hope will lead to you getting a visa in your passport to see your name and think, 'Oh, no, not HIM again!'? Is that person going to put in an extra five minutes at the end of the day when your case is nearly finished, or is he going to think that it will do if he gets to it after the weekend?

Like Chris says, if you keep calling and calling, it will make no difference. Work is dealt with in a set order. The officials will get each case done as soon as they can, in its proper time - they are not allowed to be inefficient, and not allowed to be unfair by taking cases out of turn.
    thank a lot for that , will keep in mind .

Quote Originally Posted by NEWMAN View Post
    hey there,

Where did you apply ? what visa was it ? Have you got case officer yet ?
    I applied online - work visa. Anyway, I found out that mine was delayed cos my employer-to-be overlooked an email enquiry from INZ.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast