Thread: Partnership residency visa

Default Partnership residency visa

Hi guys.
    Just have a few concerns about my visa that I'll be applying for. Hopefully someone can help. I'm currently on a work visa through my partner, it runs out on Febuary 22 2017. I'll be applying for residency in October. Is this enough time for my visa to get approved? Or should I apply for another work visa? How long is the residence visa for? Should I apply for residence and if it takes too long apply for another work visa?

My partner had a criminal record from 7 years ago. It doesn't involve violence or anything and he never went to jail. I was wondering if that would effect my application at all? He is a nz citizen. My record is clean.

Does anyone know if I fill out section d on the application form? It's the section about your partner? Does it need to be filled out if he's already in nz?

Thanks for the help

my visa will expire on Jan. 2017, still got 6months but I still submitted last Monday. as long as your in the requirement of 12months living together, you can apply for residency.

He did not filled up section D, he said his a kiwi so there's no need but I'm not really sure.

but I guess his right coz the Immigration already cut my payment from the credit card and we never got any call yet.

I'm just hoping for the best

We moved in together in September. That's why I'm waiting until then to apply. I only have 4 months until my visa expires tho. We are living with his parents, he bought a house that is getting build. So we don't have any joint bills or anything

I'm currently on a work visa through my partner, it runs out on Febuary 22 2017. I'll be applying for residency in October. Is this enough time for my visa to get approved? Or should I apply for another work visa? How long is the residence visa for? Should I apply for residence and if it takes too long apply for another work visa?
    Since you've already had a partner-sponsored work visa approved, it MAY work out that your partnership residence gets dealt with that quickly, but anyway, it's worth giving it a chance. If you get within 4 - 6 weeks of the end of your present visa with no news, you can write in and ask if your residence is likely to be through in time, or should you get another work visa, and they will tell you. Very often in that situation, the residence magically gets passed within the next week or so. Don't worry about it being a short time till the expiry of your work visa at that point, because as long as your new application is lodged while the old one is still valid, INZ will issue an Interim visa https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...t/interim-visa that keeps you legal while the new processing happens (though they can't do that for a residence visa, only a temporary one).

Since you already got a work visa sponsored by your partner without difficulty, his past criminal record isn't likely to be a problem this time round.

No, you don't need to fill in the section about him. HE doesn't need a visa - you're the applicant. (That is a multi-purpose form that would be used by people going for other kinds of Residence where they might need to include their partner as well, which is why the section is included there.)

Make sure you have plenty of evidence to show that you have been living together, even without joint household bills. See old threads for ideas. https://www.google.co.uk/#q=site:enz...tnership+proof And keep collecting more after you have applied. INZ commonly ask for more proof, to cover the time of processing, just before a new visa is issued.

Thanks for your help.
    I've tried to keep as much mail as possible showing out address. We normally just receive things we've ordered online, so it's the same address but to us sepratly. I have printed off all our joint bank statements and some of our separate accounts aswell. Which all has the same address.
    A couple friends, our boss and his parents and his aunty are writing support letters. And I have nearly 100 pictures of us and his family.
    Do you know if they send your pictures and passports back early?

We normally just receive things we've ordered online, so it's the same address but to us sepratly. I have printed off all our joint bank statements and some of our separate accounts aswell. Which all has the same address.
    That's fine. It's good that it is purchases, not just letters from people you know, because obviously it can't be a faked address when you WANT to receive whatever it is you've bought.

You can ask if you specially want things returned early. If the photos are very precious, why don't you print off extra copies?