Thread: Partnership breakup after month of residence approved

Default Partnership breakup after month of residence approved

Hi there i just wanna ask some questions

me and my partner stayed together for 17 Months And i got my residence .

After 1 month of this things not working between us and she moved to her new boyfriend.

1. so now when i tell to immigration about this what effect it will be on my status.

Thanks In advance to all of you .

Quote Originally Posted by moneykang786 View Post

After 1 month of this things not working between us and she moved to her new boyfriend.

1. so now when i tell to immigration about this what effect it will be on my status.

Frankly speaking you wont get anything other than mental satisfaction. So its better leave her and move on with your life.

Quote Originally Posted by moneykang786 View Post

I'm not INZ, but it does trigger something to me. I do know things happen, but why just after a month of residency. I don't think it will affect your residency, but who was the main applicant?

You don't need to notify INZ - it's none of their concern any more.

When anyone applies for residence because of partnership, they check that the couple really have been living together for at least 12 months, and still are. Once they know that, and issue the residence visa, that residence does not depend on anything any longer. You are a resident, just the same as someone who got residence because of a skilled job. It's YOUR residence, free and clear.

The next thing you need to keep in mind is that in two year's time, you can apply for Permanent Residence (which allows you to live and work in NZ for ever, and also come and go whenever you like with no restrictions), but you need to qualify for it - check the 'Evidence' links down the side here. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...ZL&applying=no