Thread: Oversea driver's license conversion (Canada)

Default Oversea driver's license conversion (Canada)

I have been driving in Canada for less than 2 years, so its required that I take a practical test once i am in New Zealand. Will this give me a restricted or full drivers license if I pass?

Thanks in advance!

I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere. In your place, I would ask NZTA to be certain. https://www.nzta.govt.nz/contact-us

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere. In your place, I would ask NZTA to be certain. https://www.nzta.govt.nz/contact-us
    Thank you, I will do that and report back

Quote Originally Posted by Nzdream89 View Post
    Thank you, I will do that and report back

hi everyone, so I am going to post the response I got back so in case someone stumbled on this thread and may find helpful.

JandM posted a very helpful link.. I did an online chat with them and they provided me with a very specific answer. Something that is extremely unheard of in Canada (long prompts before even reaching a human, after that their answer is usually vague)

So.. my license will get converted to a restricted one, and I can apply to have my driving time in canada recognised and exempted so I can sit for my practical. If i pass it will be a full license

Thanks for coming back with the information. And good luck with your practical.