Thread: Airport to Albany

Default Airport to Albany

Can I have suggestion and advice as to which mode of transport is the best to get from the airport to Albany?

There are a few options.

a) Rent a car for the short term and drive yourself.

b) Get a taxi. Pricey from around $100 onwards depending on the taxi company. You can try Uber but it depends how you arrange a pick-up. The airport and taxis have issues with Uber.

c) Get the airport shuttle, this is around $60. You will be dropped off right at your address but it is likely you will have additional passengers who are being dropped off in the city, so you may be the last one.

d) Take the airport bus to the city. And take the express bus from Britomart to Albany station, and take a local bus. This is if you know the way and don't have too much luggage with you. It is also the cheapest option.

I used to make that trip very frequently. I rented a car from Hertz. A full-day rental was less than a one-way taxi ride. You can certainly hire a car for less at one of the off-site places but then you have to fool around with the shuttle bus.

Appreciate all your help.

If you're travelling light or on your own, the get the AirBus from the airport terminal building to Britomart and then pick up any one of the many buses that travel to Albany along the Busway.

Not the best option if you have loads of luggage, people or both.

We use the airport shuttle (https://www.supershuttle.co.nz/booking) with great success. Airport - Albany ($63 per person).