Thread: English requirement secondary applicant

Default English requirement secondary applicant

Hi everyone, m looking for some help as I have one doubt on my mind,

My scenario is: I recently got my EOI selected and received my ITA as well on the same day and m about to lodge my application in few weeks. My wife is also included in application as I m the principal applicant and she is secondary.

In terms of proving English ability, we have schools letter. And my advisor think that Inz can ask for ielts later for my wife. But I want to give it a go without ielts because we had letters.

my question is just in case if co will ask for my wife ielts, does it mean that she has to sit and get the required score on the first hit or by any chance if score is not met on first attempt, can she re sit as many times and submit when met the score? And just because of ielts of my wife, can the whole application can come to the end or will Co give other opportunities as well. ???

Any ideas friends please advise.
    many thanks.

Please take a look into this http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread.php?t=50530
    Best wishes.

Will u claim points for ur wife qualifications?

Thanks @NguyenHuynh for promot response.

@rsaleh, I m not claiming points for her. she is just a secondary applicant on my smc application. and i was told by my advisor that there is a chance that inz could ask for ielts if not satisfied with the english ability (as we have just letter from her school). but i want to procced with letter. so i was just wondering what could happen if inz ask for ielts.

In my opinion, you do not need to provide your wife's IELTS results if you did not claim points for your wife. However, your CO will decide how much you should pay for your wife's English study based on her IELTS results.

i was told by my advisor that there is a chance that inz could ask for ielts if not satisfied with the english ability (as we have just letter from her school). but i want to procced with letter. so i was just wondering what could happen if inz ask for ielts.
    Yes, they can ask for IELTS if they're not satisfied - the regulations state that IELTS will be the final decider, in case of doubt. If they do this in the middle of processing the application, they are not going to allow very long for her to sit the test - from other people's experience, it has been expected that the person will show they have booked for the next available session locally, and that will be it, and meantime, the rest of the application is just left hanging, ONLY waiting for that result.

As flytomanu says, there is the option to accept pre-paying for ESOL tuition, if a secondary applicant's English is not shown to be up to standard http://onlineservices.immigration.go...nual/30541.htm https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...in-new-zealand, then the whole application can continue being processed.

Thanks flytomenu!! And thanks alot JandM!!!!