Thread: Claiming points for qaulifications...??

Default Claiming points for qaulifications...??

I am soooo confused about this point...if anyone can clarify about this it will be much appreciated..

I want to apply for smc as chef anzsco code 351311
    As per anzsco it requires NZ register diploma..
    I have got my Aus qual assessd by NZQA as
    National cert in hosp(cookery) level 4 and diploma at level 5

How can i claim my points for qaulification?

Like for chef there are 4 qaulifications on LTSSL?
    Does it has to be one qual from those four?
    I am not claiming any bonus points from ltssl...
    How much points i can claim for qual?
    Shall i claim for national cert(level 4) or diploma?
    I rang NZQA and asked them what diploma it is compared to... ?
    They said its generic diploma.
    So i want to ask am i still applicable to apply?

Any replies will be appreciated.
    Thnks

I've answered you this already in PMs.

What is in the LTSSL box http://skillshortages.immigration.govt.nz/chef is NOT for you because you are not claiming bonus points. What IS for you is in the part List of Skilled Occupations - A relevant recognised qualification which is at, or above, the qualification level on the New Zealand Qualifications Framework. The qualification must correspond to the skill level indicated for that occupation in the Australian New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations (ANZSCO).

ANZSCO says you need "a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below" - that is, you've got to have a qualification that is considered as being comparable - NOT exactly that same thing. For a chef, you have to have a Level 5 qualification, and you've been assessed as having that.

I am saying here, you have the right qualification to put in your EOI as a chef.

A chef has to have a NZ Level 5 qualification for INZ to count them as qualified. And you have the IQA to prove that.

When ANZSCO says what I quoted, it means, 'You must have some qualification proved to be comparable - on the same level - as what we put below.' And comparable with 'NZ register diploma (Level 2)' is what you've got. You've got IQA with a Level 5.

So on the EOI, for your qualification, you get 40 points for your qualification, because it is a Recognised level 4 - 6 level qualification.

Thankss a lottt man....
    U really made me tension freee....