Thread: regarding character waiver

Default regarding character waiver

Hi
    I would like to ask you regarding character waiver i had applied residency wed my partner and everything was going good so far but our co have ask for character waiver n i am not sure but i think dey wont granted me character waiver so my concern is i don't want my character issues affect my husband residency. is that possible if something happend wrong my husband can apply residency alone as he got good job and good character please advise me what should we do i really don't want to spoil my partner's career coz of me please advice me what should i do now ?

Hello.

First, don't despair. People with all kinds of bad things in their past HAVE been granted a character waiver. It is a matter of writing a letter to INZ, taking responsibility for what you did, explaining how you came to do that wrong thing, and showing that you are different now and would not do such a thing again (by writing about your present life, and giving character references from people of good standing in your community).

Then yes, it is possible for your husband's residence to be processed without including you, if he requests it. But that is a very LAST step to be thinking about.

Thanks a lot
    i just dont want to be become a trouble for my partner's residency feeling relaxed