Thread: Filling out EOI and need some help please

Default Filling out EOI and need some help please

Hello

My partner and I are on a two year work visa and plan to apply for residency. My partner is the principal applicant as he's been employed full time as a cabinetmaker for over a year now. We decided to do it without an agent or a lawyer but we do need a little help from you guys please...

We plan to submit the EOI next week and here are some things we're not totally sure about:

1. A12 (Taxation number) - is this the IRD number or tax number from your home country? If it's the latter, could we just leave it blank?

2. E4 (detailed reason why your job is skilled) - Do you think this description is enough?
    My job as a cabinetmaker is skilled because:
    1. It is on the list of skilled occupations - Appendix 6, Part B
    2. I am employed full time
    3. I have over 4 years of relevant and recognised work experience in this line of work

My job description and main work tasks:
    - Assembling kitchen units and custom build units
    - Programing and operating CNC machine

My previous work experience are relevant to this job because I was a full time furniture assembler at Harvey Norman Slovenia for 3 years and was performing similar tasks that I do at my current job in New Zealand.

Another question regarding E4: His employment agreement only states operating CNC and some other machines as his work task even though kitchen assembly is his main job. Could this be a problem for INZ?

3. J7 (Partner's health)
    I have been diagnosed with hypothyroidism about two years ago and have been taking medicine for it ever since. Because of this I got a B grade when I took my medical for the work visa in Maj 2015. The medical assessor then approved my application.
    My question is: is my medical from last year still valid or you think I will have to do a new one because of my condition? I do plan to get my thyroid checked and send the latest results to INZ, I'm hoping this could be enough?

Many thanks in advance for your answers!

Wish you all a lovely day

Simi

1. Use the IRD number because that is the one that is in use right now.

2. That looks like the right kind of thing for the form. If the CO needs more detail, s/he will ask.

It won't matter that the work has changed, so he does more kitchen assembly, as long as the employer will state that when he has to fill in the questionnaire from INZ.

3. A4.20 d looks as if it would include your certificate. http://onlineservices.immigration.go...nual/46161.htm If you don't need to send a new certificate, DON'T send more medical details - this would just confuse things.

Thank you JandM for your answers, we really appreciate your help!!