Thread: A question about SM5.5 Minimum standard of English language for principal applicants

Question A question about SM5.5 Minimum standard of English language for principal applicants

In the SM 5.5:

(if that qualification was gained in New Zealand) the qualification had a minimum completion time of at least two years and is at least a bachelor degree or it is a post-graduate qualification and the applicant has an undergraduate qualification that qualifies for points;

I am wondering how to understand this description.
    I have a Postgraduate Diploma gained in NZ through one year study, and I have an undergraduate qualification from China. Do I need to provide IELTS result?

Does your undergraduate qualification qualify for points?

Thank you, JandM.
    I got the IQA for my master degree and bachelor degree from China. I think my master degree qualified for points and my bachelor degree supported my master degree when I filled out EOI. As a result, I am confused. I am not sure whether that is enough because I only studied in NZ for one year.

What NZ Level does your bachelor's degree get? It will have said it on the IQA.

It is level 7.

That means you could have claimed points for it for your EOI, if you hadn't had the higher degree. So it will count, along with your post-graduate NZ qualification.

Thank you very much.