Thread: Residence visa travel conditions

Default Residence visa travel conditions

Hi All,

I have secured residence visa for my family with first entry before sept 2016. Currently i have relocated to NZ and the travel conditions says visa valid for further 24 months from first arrival.. The question since i now have my first entry can i travel back after the visit expiry date in sept 2016 and be allowed to travel back as per the conditions.

Is there any time frame that i should be in the country after the first arrival ?

Thanks in advance.

Rgds
    Arun

how much time you got for first entry before in the residence visa?? Can you please advise

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

The time period mentioned was 20th Sept 2015 - 20th Sept 2016.. Currently i have relocated to NZ but just looking at options to go back for short period if needed..

Thanks
    Arun

Sorry to add i relocated Just a week back

You have activated your visa now, so that September 16th date by which it had to happen is now irrelevant for you. If your family's visas had that same 'use by' date, then they must also activate their visas by arriving in NZ before that date.

When you arrived in NZ, presenting your passport to Immigration at the airport upon arrival started the clock ticking on your two years' travel conditions. For two years, starting from your arrival date, the travel conditions give your permission to re-enter NZ as many times as you wish.

When the travel conditions run out, you need to do something else - for most people, this 'something' is applying for Permanent Residence - to allow you to leave and come back freely. (Otherwise, anyone outside NZ, whose travel conditions have run out, could not get back in, so their Residence would lapse. While a Resident is inside NZ, they have the right to live and work there for ever, but if they can't get back to do it, it's gone.) Permanent Residence (PR) can be applied for after you've been a Resident for two years, and by meeting certain conditions. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...anent-resident One most often used as showing 'commitment to New Zealand' is having spent at least 184 days in NZ out of each of two 12-month periods before application. So that is what you need to be careful to do during your first two years in NZ.

Hi JandM,

Awesome!! Appreciate your response.. my next goal is to settle down and then get my PR.. Thanks to this awesome forum members.

Regards
    Arun

Best of Luck Man.
    Have bright and peaceful life ahead

Thx for that sarfoo4u ��