Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shipping two cats from UK

Default Shipping two cats from UK

Is there anyone who has shipped two cats to NZ from the UK?

I'd be very grateful for any info on which pet shipper you used, rough cost and whether the cats are able to share a crate?

Thank you.

you could start from the NZ end, by contacting www.qualifiedpet.co.nz, to see what advice they have?

A lot of people have posted on the forum about having used Golden Arrow.

We used golden arrow in 2010 to ship our cat. They'll be able to give you a quote. I would be very surprised if 2 cats are allowed in same crate.

Thank you for your replies.

(I'll post once I get the info in case anyone else searching for similar.)

Hi there
    Just thought to share our experience, we have a lovely charlie(our cat) that we transferred from the UK to NZ using Pet Transfers company last month. Actually we used a quote comparing website www.movelist.com and got really competitive rates. Good luck
    David Jones Snr
    Auckland

We used a company in Shropshire, can't remember the name though sorry as it was 9 years ago. They sorted everything out and we just collected this from this end. I don't think they can go in the same crates though (they build them specifically for each cat). I know it cost more to ship them and our tickets!! Sorry I can't be any more help. Google the cattery though, it might be quite obvious online.

Found the company, I think someone else recommended them too. http://www.goldenarrowshippers.com/pet-shipping

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty_NZ View Post
    Found the company, I think someone else recommended them too. http://www.goldenarrowshippers.com/pet-shipping
    Thanks Kitty_NZ. We have now spoken to Golden Arrow and we hope that they will be transporting our dog. Unfortunately, after contacting NZ authorities about our cats, we have discovered that they are not permitted to be imported as they have Bengal in them and we cannot provide the proof they require of 5 generations of domesticity.

Info for anyone else looking - with reference to the cats sharing a kennel, we had a quote from Passport For Pets who were prepared for them to share dependent on their breed and size.

Hi BazCat, what makes you say your cats "have Bengal in them"? A lot of people are told something like this, but unless you saw mum or dad (in which case you wouldn't have any problem with proving lineage) I wouldn't take it at face value. A lot of (very beautiful) tabby cats can have Bengal type markings. In any case, your vet is most likely to describe them as domestic short hair if they are not pure bred bengals. I'd be happy to look at photos if you want to pm me? Or post in this thread. These are two bengals of mine: image.jpg
    Last edited by RedVee; 19th September 2016 at 10:01 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast