Thread: Partnership visa

Default Partnership visa

Hey everyone
    I need some help desperately. I am in living relation with my gf who is a kiwi citizen but she has sponsored someone before around a year ago maybe a little more for permanent residency and that person did get it. After that things dint work out and they broke up. Now I went through the immigration website and I read that a person cannot sponsor anyone again for 5 years since the time they sponsored someone.
    Now my question is, can she atleast sponsor me for work visa if not residency?
    Please if anyone can help, thank you

There is no mention in the regulations saying that someone can't sponsor for a temporary visa within five years of sponsoring for Residence. This does seem strange to me, when they're so definite about Residence, so I have checked everywhere I can think of, but it's not there. To be certain, you need to contact INZ.

I'm not sure if this answers your question:

WF2 Partners of New Zealand citizens or residence class visa holders
    Partners (see E4.1.20) of New Zealand citizens or residence class visa holders may be granted a work visa provided that:

-they are living together in a genuine and stable relationship (see E4.5.25, E4.5.30 and E4.5.5); and

-the New Zealand partner intends to be in New Zealand for the same period of time applied for by the applicant; and

-complies with the minimum requirements for recognition of partnerships (see E4.5.15 and F2.15); and

-meets the character requirements for partners supporting 'partnership-based temporary entry applications' set out at E7.45; and

-is an eligible partner under residence family category instructions (see F2.10.10).

What I understand is that to support a work visa, they must be eligible to support a residence visa as well, which means that the partner must not have acted as a partner in a successful application for a residence class visa in the five years immediately preceding the date the current application is made (F2.10.10)

That's an interesting thought.