Thread: Extension of work visa...which to apply for?

Default Extension of work visa...which to apply for?

I am currently employed in an Essential Skills position, with a 1 year contract. I have been offered a 6 month extension, which I would like to accept. After searching this forum, I haven't been able to answer this question, though....

Do I have to re-apply for a work visa or is there an extension available? Will I have to complete a medical exam, since I didn't have one before(I am from the US, so the exam wasn't needed before). Are there any issues with applying for the visa whilst I am in NZ?

Thanks

if your current visa application will result in a visa allowing you to stay beyond 12 months, you will need a full medical. (All applications are treated as "new applications, theres no such thing a sd a renewal, so you will need to supply all required evidence. Of course you can apply while you are in NZ and must lodge before the expiry date of your current visa. Online applications are best.

By "current visa application" do you mean the one that is currently active or the new one that I will have to apply for? My current visa has an expiry date that is 365 days from original entry. And my new/future visa will only be for 7 months.