Thread: How is the job market for Senior .NET developers/BI Analyst in Auckland?

Default How is the job market for Senior .NET developers/BI Analyst in Auckland?

Hello all,

I'm from Athens Greece and looking actively to move in Auckland.
    I'm also a partner in an Auckland startup software company, but until this endeavor gets on track I'm looking for a position as .NET developer and/or as SSAS/SSIS BI Analyst in Auckland.

Does anybody have an idea what is the need for such skills in the job market in Auckland those days?
    Will it be possible for an employer to issue a work visa for someone like me?

Thanks all!

I'm a senior java developer, and heard from my friends that .net has more openings in Auckland thea Java. Give a try in NZ job portals.

Will it be possible for an employer to issue a work visa for someone like me?
    Well, it depends. From this forum saw some says they have got work visa sponsored by the employer. I too have tried from overseas with residence visa, but the response was very less, but when I reached here got many responses.

All the best ...
    Last edited by Roger_J; 19th August 2016 at 11:55 AM.

Hi Roger,

Thanks for your answer, I was also afraid that the main obstacle would be not being a resident or already working there. The fun part is that I've already own a 25% of a SW company in Auckland , a startup one, but since it makes profit less than $100K per year I can't get a work visa there and while I don't employ 2 residents of NZ , I can't get a resident's Visa. To reach that point might take a while. The thing is I want to move there at some point but more important to make a decent income while I'm there.