Thread: Approved Skilled worker migrant visa

Default Approved Skilled worker migrant visa

Hi all,

I was approved in April 2016 for Skilled Worker Migrant Visa -however, I have until October to submit our passports (waiting on passport renewals).

My question is, when passports are sent for visa stickers, does the 1 year visa validity expire one year from getting the stamp or 1 year from the approval email that we received in April.

appreciate any insight to do this.

If you have been issue with a resident visa then it will valid for 12 months from the date of issue and then your travel conditions in that visa will be vid for a further two years from the date you first enter NZ

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMwn View Post
    If you have been issue with a resident visa then it will valid for 12 months from the date of issue and then your travel conditions in that visa will be vid for a further two years from the date you first enter NZ
    ChrisMwn, thanks for the response.

What do you mean by "it will be valid for 12 months from the date of issue"?

does that mean that it's when they receive my passport and issue the visa document right then and there?

It will be valid for 12 months from the date they print the label and put it in your passport. Issuing of the label once you send in your passport and any other AIP requirements might take anywhere from 2-6 weeks after you send it to the VAC.

Putting it another way, from the date that visa label goes into your passport, you will have 12 months to get to NZ.